Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

RCA vs. speaker level into Bose amp?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCA vs. speaker level into Bose amp?

Since there is such a difference in opinions as to whether replacing the HU makes a big difference, I think it would be interesting to find out if using the connectors with built in RCA plugsto the Bose amp or using connectors with speaker level wiring adaptors (those that are supplied by Crutchfield) makes a difference in the results in which each installer has.

Please let me (and everyone else reading this):

1) If you have used the connectors with built in RCA plugs (mine were bought from Metra) and were happy or unhappy with the results. 2) If you have used the connectors with speaker level plugs (mine were supplied by Crutchfield) and were happy or unhappy with the results.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) If you have at least 4.0V output from your HU's pre-amp outputs -- use the RCAs
**i have a kenwood with 5.0V output (had a Pio with 4.0V output) and BOTH sounded great with the RCA inputs
** create a robust ground to the chassis wall to help prevent interference
** my Kenwood 8120 sounds great at ALL levels -- no hiss, no engine whine, no problems, and it sounds 10x better than stock HU

2) If you have less than 4.0V output " " ", use the speaker line connections
** I don't have any experience with this in the G but have read good and bad, mostly difficulty modulating the volume -- too loud mostly