Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

03 Bose problem and ???s about dbl din

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Bose problem and ???s about dbl din

Well looks like i have the standard ****ing CD error fo message and am starting to have some of the ac issues as well. I am aware that this has to do with the radio/circuit board, but am wondering will a double din conversion and new headunit fix this issue?

If so does it have to jdm kit or will metra work?

Will the new in-dash dvd/nav be compatible with the old bose speakers?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm really irritated about having these problems in a car that had a $35k-$40k msrp.

P.S. ALso if I end up doing this ive heard it is extremely recommended to replace the ****ty bose amp, what amps will work with the factory speaker levels?

Last edited by 2 Legit; 07-17-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had the same problem and I changed it out with an Alpine DD and it fixed the problem. As far as the kits go you can get either or I have the metra because it was free, most guys here will tell you to get the JDM kit because the buttons are the same. The old bose speakers will work fine because they are not connected to the headunit they are connected to the factory amp which is connected to the headunit, so it will work perfectly fine. As for replacing the factory amp and keep the factory speakers I would not recommend it because the factory Bose speaker do not require that much power and most four channel amps come with more power than they need, plus they sound like crap. You would be better off getting a good amp, a good set of components for the front and some coaxial for the rears and a sub.

I changed out my headunit and kept the factory speakers and I hated them even more.
(just on a side note)