Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

not crazy, but definately unconventional...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009 | 09:26 PM
|
Arrow not crazy, but definately unconventional...?

So I just took delivery of a 2005 IP 6MT coupe, and I have been heavily perusing this forum looking at all the options tha are available to do systems. One thing is for sure...this BOSE system blows some serious chunks. The speakers are just plain garbage...well, at least with what I am used to.

So, in my pursuit of a decent system, I have adopted maybe what some may say as unconventional ideas. I have always been somewhat disappointed in subs in the trunks. It seems the sound waves have to fight to get to the cabin, and in the case of some tight double bass, it just seems to come through half decent, somewhat muddy. ( i know some of that has to do with box and sub and even type of components and their mounting baffles) With all of those things accounted for, I came up with an idea that has my wife crazy. (not in a good way)

The rear seats are pretty unusable, and there is a ton of room on the floorboard, where the passangers legs go. Has anyone ever put subs in a custom box, downfiring to the floor? I figure one on both sides, and you would get some sick kick in the back? (sealed of course, don't want port noise)

Any thoughts? Has anyone done this? Pics? Any potential areas of concern?

The reason I like this is there is still room in the trunk, which is pretty small to begin with, I get to keep the spare, and it's pretty stealthy (can cover box in factory carpeting, and fiberglass to mold it to shap). Unless someone was looking for it, they probably wouldn't find the subs...

So I was just curious what other people thought of the set up? Thoughts? Ideas? Criticisms? Complaints? I'm all ears.