Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Can someone tell me what these are?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 03:48 PM
G15
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone tell me what these are?

I am the third owner of a 04' G35 coupe. When I bought the car the previous owner gave me a subwoofer box that the previous owner got from him.

Today while wondering what the red wires were connected to in my trunk I stumbled upon some stuff and took some pictures of it.

I'm mostly curious about that brown rectangular thing, and what the Bose labeled black box is for. I already traced the red wire back to the battery, and theres extra blue wire not connected to anything.

Maybe you audiophiles here can help me out and tell me what I'm looking at!

Old 08-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the black bose box is the bose amp. the red cables (2 cables connected together) look like RCA cables for sound for speaker/sub, and the red cable with the plastic cylinder type piece is the power cable for an aftermarket amp (the cylinder thing is a fuse).. previous owner must have wired it for a sub/amp and took the sub and amp..

blue wire could be a switch of some sort for the amp to know when to turn on/off and the brown box looks like something stock? idk

Old 08-08-2009, 04:15 PM
G15
Hm ok the only reason why I didnt think that the brown boxes werent stock was because the carpeting was pushed over and down like it was supposed to be there originally. Thank you for the info though, Youre right, he did have an amp as well.

How hard would it be, using the wiring already installed, to put in a new amp/sub?

Old 08-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G15
How hard would it be, using the wiring already installed, to put in a new amp/sub?
easy as pie....the hardest part is already done for you. That is unless they had an aftermarket stereo and that's what the sub/amp were hooked up to and they put back in the stock radio and took their aftermarket radio with the sub and amp.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:30 PM
G15
nope, they never swapped out the stock HUD...as far as i can tell at least

Old 08-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^ I agree.. it looks like they tapped into the stock bose amp.. you should be able to just plug in your amp/sub in a couple minutes if all of the wires are there

Old 08-08-2009, 10:57 PM
G15
This all sounds promising. I need the economy to rebound, my college education is going to waste on my poor paying job!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.