Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Help! Navigation isnt working after double din kenwood deck install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help! Navigation isnt working after double din kenwood deck install

(warning!!! long *** story but wanted to explain in detail)
hopefully someone here has a clue cause the guys at the local audio place do not seem too nor has kenwood been able to help me out.

I have an 06 coupe with factory navigation that has worked fine up until this week. I installed a kenwood excelon ddx814 using a double din dash kit i purhcased OEM from japan. INSTALL LOOKS PERFECT. teh deck works with no issues and added of course the backup camera, sirius xm radio, plays dvd as well as all sorts of other cool features. highly recommend the deck. anyway, i noticed a day or two after the install that my navigation was delayed. i would pass a street and 5-10 seconds later my car icon would catch up. pain in the *** when im tryign to get somewhere , i pass the street and 5 seconds later it says "riight turn in 150ft" ....i would be at a stop light and the navigation says i am block behind. i contacted kenwood and audio guys and they informed me that there should not be a conflicting issue since it is two different products and none of the wires cross. this morning i woke up and adjusted the settings. i parked in driveway and moved cursor to my address so that icon and address would be the same. i thought this might work.....NOOO! made it worse

now the icon (arrow looking cursor) will move in the direction i am traveling but it never moves down the street. no matter where i am at it shows me still sitting at my house. i took the car to infiniti thinking they might have a clue , we put new dvd disk in since mine is burned copy and nothing. drove around with the tech in the car and he couldnt figure it out. he did say it seems that the gps unit is moving correction since in the "where am i" screen it changes the lang and longitude but of course nothing is moving on the screen.

i am assuming it has something to do with the install since it worked fine before hand but not sure. does anyoen have any idea?

Old 08-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like you vehicle speed sensor wire isn't hooked up.