Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Parking light problem? HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking light problem? HELP!

So my parking light fuse is blown, ive changed it multiple times with another 10 and even tried a 20.. blew right away. i cant seem to figure it out signals work and so do brake lights just the tail light parking doesnt work. this is terrible at night because the whole car is blacked out lol its an 03 g35 coupe. pleasee help everyone~

Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 PM
anyoneee?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 PM
there is a short somewhere.
did you recently change any lights? get into an accident etc

Old 08-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
NEVER replace a factory fuse with a larger fuse - that's a great way to start a car fire.

It sounds like you have a dead short - the first thing I would do is remove all the bulbs and then replace the fuse again. If it still blows then the problem is in the wiring, if it doesn't blow replace the bulbs one at a time until the fuse blows again, then replace that bulb.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:12 PM
i know not to put in a larger fuse, i just did it as a test.. im going to try and just unplug the 2 sockets and change the fuse see if it blows.. i have a system in the car, but nothing goes to parking lights so that shouldnt be it.. is it possible that if 1 LED is grounding out in the light it can cause a dead short??

Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 AM
so i just unplugged both rear tail lights and put in a new fuse and it still blew.. where is it most likely where the short would be? please help!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:06 AM
could be your side markers or your headlights as well

did you recently have an accident or anything?

Old 08-28-2009, 10:11 AM
no accident at all... the front parking lights are out as well any ideas on what i can do?!? i havnt had parking lights in days the cops are def gonna get me sooner or later

Old 08-28-2009, 06:21 PM
anyone? could it even be a relay?

Old 08-28-2009, 11:06 PM
come on G35 driver

Old 08-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Banned
Remove every light on the circuit and try replacing the fuse. You need to first determine if the problem is with a bad bulb (which I have seen before) or bad wiring (which I've seen before).

Do you have an aftermarket head unit?

Old 08-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by KPierson
Remove every light on the circuit and try replacing the fuse. You need to first determine if the problem is with a bad bulb (which I have seen before) or bad wiring (which I've seen before).

Do you have an aftermarket head unit?
i unclipped the tail lights and it still popped...removing the fronts tomorrow.. and yes i installed a double din about a month ago. what could it be

Old 08-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Banned
Most aftermarket radios do have illumination inputs - I would unhook the radio and see if the problem goes away.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by KPierson
Most aftermarket radios do have illumination inputs - I would unhook the radio and see if the problem goes away.
will do.. but i believe i didnt wire the illumination in..if they are the orange wires. does anyone know where the grounds are for the parking lights harness?

Old 01-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe w/ K&N CAI
I see this post is over a year old. I stumbled upon it as I was looking for something related. It did however, prompt me to want to reply, even tho a year since last post on it has passed, as I may have a hint, if the problem never did get resolved, it might help.

You likely have it resolved already I would imagine, but if not, then quickly, here is what happened on my coupe. I have an 03 Coupe I bought new late 2002. Not long into owning it, I had a problem with the parking lights, seemingly isolated at first to the passenger side, front headlight cluster, side marker light (the one that runs down the cluster's side like a light strip, has a single T10 wedge light at the top), anyway, what the dealership found, after a couple of trial & error repair attempts, was that somehow from the factory, the wires that ran to the headlamp cluster for the side "strip" marker light. The little guy that illuminates that strip down the fender side of the headlight cluster, those wires were frayed based on how they were installed / draped across something<?> @ the factory & this created an obvious electrical short somewhere to the FT fender / chassis via accessory frame mounts. It also made it a bit intermittent or harder diagnose / isolate, to find a pattern / trait, as vibration based on road conditions was a factor, in it touching the metal fender & shorting..

Anyway, if you never found a solid answer, that might be one area to look in to, as it was being chalked up by the dealer to a faulty run path that lead to wire rub, breaching through to the metal. They found it & repaired it & re-ran a different wire path with a longer segment of wire.

Regards...

Last edited by socalmmr; 01-01-2011 at 02:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parking light problem? HELP!