Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

What are the best drop in speakers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to my understanding, the 60.9cs and the 6030 have both the 2 ohm impedence...(their websites soys some "true 4 ohm " bs) but real impedence of both systems are 2 ohms, either should mate well with the bose amp.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mattyjman
to my understanding, the 60.9cs and the 6030 have both the 2 ohm impedence...(their websites soys some "true 4 ohm " bs) but real impedence of both systems are 2 ohms, either should mate well with the bose amp.
They are rated at 2 ohm nominal. What the statement about 4 ohm is simply a statement that they will look like 4 ohm in many cars due to lightweight OEM wiring and temperature. Putting a 4 ohm speaker in a car is normally not a big issue other than possibly a small lost in power. Putting a 2 ohm speaker in a car designed for 4 ohms could be depending on the install (short cable runs, etc.) if it made the speaker look like a 2 ohm load at the amp due to the increased current loading at the amp.

I have the reference components in my other car and they work well. Due to the built in equalization of the Infiniti amp the mileage may be different.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
60.9cs.

The reference are 4 ohm and not good, although they are cheap.
May want to cheack Infinity's website, they are 2 ohm. I would want to look at the Kappa Perfect series as well.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:58 PM
I have the Kappas all around with the Bose. Just replaced the speakers, dropped in pretty well, although I recall I ordered some spacers. They sound much better than the stock Bose, even with the stock HU and amp.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:53 AM
ImFree so im assuming you got the Infinity kappas 60cs...sounds better like a lot better or minimal where its barely noticeable. You think it is worth the money to swap out the speakers?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:39 PM
I replaced all the speakers with the Kappas:
60.7 cs in the fronts
693.7i in the rear deck
62.7i in the rear side

I'm still running the stock HU and amp, as this was all plug and play. The rear deck speakers are "subs", and the read side speakers are mid/highs. I also used some dynamat on the doors, some speaker baffles, and fixed some buzzing on the rear deck (not enough, but it's better than it was). I got some speaker MDF adapters somewhere (zen enclosures?). I'm pleased, definitely worth it for me. I did all the work. If you want heavy bass, this might not be for you, but I can still buzz the rear deck on a bassy song... I mostly listen to classic rock and its good with me. The sound is crisper, tighter, brighter, clearer to me than the stock Bose.

I hope to eventually change the rest of stereo out, add a sub, make the rear deck full range, and retire the sides.... and maybe upgrade the speakers after a while. But this was a good first step.