Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Glove Box mounting brainstorm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its solid something right behind...not hollow and you will feel that if you try tapping on it. I am in the same dilemma as you and as of now my glove box acts like a shelf WHEN I take out the DVD player to watch a movie...

I think PearlCoupe is the only member on this forum with one in his glovebox...but even he isn't to sure of how it was done since it was custom...maybe he can take a real close look and let us know?

Old 08-23-2005, 02:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please keep this moving and update us on your progress. I like the thinking and hope to go there soon. Another one I was thinking was how about relocating stock DVD map drive so that two drives would go side by side. I'm tired now and going off memory, but from memory it seems as though they'd fit.

Peet

Old 08-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Keep us posted, but I still think its solid behind the cover you are talking about...meaning not much room to do what you want to do. Pearcoupes way might be the "only" way for glove box mounting...right now, if I drop my Fuma (same size as the innovatek) and slide it all the way to the back, I only need a 1/4 inch more until I can close the glove box. I mean Im soooooooooo close the latch actually touches the door, but not enough to actually "latch".

Let us know, and include pics, thanks!

Old 08-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Superman
Well, I was waaaaay off on thinking that it would fit mounted to the ceiling of the glove compartment. They ceiling isn't deep enough.

I ended up installing it just as PearlCoupeG35 did in the lower glove box.

I will take pics later and post them. I probably dremelled out the glove box for about 2 hours before I finally got it to fit right. What a pain in the butt.

I also installed the TVandNav2go unit (for the 2005 G35) and the screen works with vertical hold. There are some artifacts however, and am I waiting to hear back from Dominic about the issue. I hope I didn't forget somehting, as taking the console apart is something I am not looking forward to...

Please take pictures without the unit in the glove box so I can get started on mine!!!! I want to see how it looks like after it was dremeled out.

Thanks Superman! (I feel kind of wierd saying that hahaha, but yea)

And what do you mean that the screen works with a "vertical hold"?

Old 08-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Superman, you rock! I've used the dremel before and know exactly what you mean about it having a brain of its own. In terms of the vertical hold, I thought so. I just wasn't sure why you mentioned it again since the problem was solved. And about the grounding thing...I could've told you that! The shield does make a difference to since it helps dissipate and noise between the signal wires. Grounding video components is always a must or else you can get rolling screens, screens with skewed corners, black random lines, etc...also a tip when grounding, NISSAN grounds the chasis of the vehicle, so try using any screw around the head unit area, or you can always tap into a negative signal and see how that works out for you.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:47 PM
THanks man!!! I think I am going to go out to the junkyard or dealer to get an extra housing/box so that I can return the car to original if need be (dealer issues or selling car).

Old 08-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superman

What did you use to make those holes?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glove Box mounting brainstorm