Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Bose Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose Question

Is it worth the option to buy the Bose system with the woofer in the back, or would it be better to get and after market system. When I drive I like to hear dance music with bass and highs, it gets my adrenaline running.

My main reason for asking is because just because it has the name Bose on it, the system may sound like a Kraco on acid. If it is advertised as a premium system then it should sound like one. I use to own a Lexus, and the 10 inch sub-woofer in the rear really enhanced the sound. It definitely thumped!

Old 08-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Re: Bose Question

you're gonna hear a lot of conflicting opinions on this.. but I think the extra 1250 the prem package costs over just a sunroof ($1000 for sunroof, $2250 for prem pack which includes sunroof) can buy you some damn nice audio upgrades. Personally I didn't like the bose system, so I'm having the headunit go to a 5/6 channel amp that will soon power infinity kappa perfects 6.1's in the front, infinity 6002si's in the back (i know, not that great, but very shallow mount), and a nice 12" sub in the trunk.

all of that cost me ~750, including the amp. Then there's labor, install materials (wire, etc), but I installed it myself, and had a lot of fun, so I won't take that into consideration.

I also put in my own sound deadener, which isn't complete yet (work in progress), and so far it sounds even better with it in.

So yeah, my vote goes to no bose, and do your own stuff.

But, if you're happy with the bose, and you don't plan on doing your own install, nor do you enjoy installing yourself, then get bose.

---
2004 TB/W 6mt Coupe. Sunroof only.
Bel Vector 985 Hardwired.
Grounding Kit.
Splash Guards.
Custom Carputer.
Custom FG Sub Enclosure.

Old 08-12-2004, 11:38 AM

I got rid of my Bose about a month after I got my car and replaced everything with a 5ch amp, front and rear speakers and a sub...Only reason why I got it was because I had the Premium Pkg. in which it had features I couldn't live without, other than that the Bose wasn't important for me cause it was coming out anyways.

John H.
President of Houston's Premier Printing - T-Shirts anyone?
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT-Ivory Pearl-Prem. Pkg-Perf. Pkg.
My G

Old 08-12-2004, 05:04 PM

You'd better take a closer look at what the premium package consists of....it's not just the sunroof and Blose stereo. Other items (such as dual climate control) are included that would be virtually impossible to retrofit later. To me, even though I have dumped all the Blose equipment, I still wanted the premium package for the other stuff.

04 G35s 6MT BS Aero Kit/Nav/Prem
Warning: Objects in Mirror Are Losing!

Old 08-13-2004, 09:45 AM

yeah you guys are right, I should have pointed that out.

I just forgot about it because those options didn't matter for me.

Dual climate... heck I can stand a couple of degrees difference.. Homelink.. I have my own built in buttons (part of the whole audio/video package i'm working on). Auto-dim mirror, I NEVER used this on any of my/parents/etc previous cars, personally I just dislike it. Plus tinted rear windows helps anyways.

But if those things matter to you personally, I could imagine that you'd get teh whole thing. Heck I woulda sprung for dual climate it was just another $200 or so.

---
2004 TB/W 6mt Coupe. Sunroof only.
Bel Vector 985 Hardwired.
Grounding Kit.
Splash Guards.
Custom Carputer.
Custom FG Sub Enclosure.