Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Extremely frustrated! I need all the help I can get, PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extremely frustrated! I need all the help I can get, PLEASE!!

So a little while ago my radio on my 04 coupe went out. I assumed it was the HU from reading around on these forums... no big deal. So I decided to go the DD route and put in a pioneer AVH-P4100DVD. I got all the supplies I needed (HU, JDM kit, ipod hookup, PAC-SWI, 7551 Harness, etc.) Everything finally got here today. I soldered the harness to mate to the nissan connectors plugged it in and it powered up fine. SWEET, everything is goin well....I obviously wanted to hear some tunes so I put n a CD and.......nothing. No sound except for a very faint buzzing came out of the speakers. Checked all the connections everything looked good.

So my question is...is my amp bad too?.. or was it just the amp all along?

Granted I'm really happy with my new HU but very pissed I have no sound. so then I opened up the amp to see if anything was fried in there and everything looks very good and clean.

Is there anyway to check if my amp is still good? I am open for any suggestions anyone has and willing to try anything. Thanks!

Old 10-20-2009, 01:47 AM
You could take it by a shop and have them run some diagnostics to find if the problem is occurring before or after the amp.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i literally just did the same exact install, i didnt even solder like u did, i just stripped, twisted and taped. everything seems good, though i havnt installed the SWI-PS yet

Old 10-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah I saw your thread you started. It was funny cuz I had already picked out that HU before I saw it. I'm glad to hear yours went better than mine. I just can't see the amp being bad in my car. I know it is possible.

When amps go out do they go out on all channels?

Is there a hidden fuse or something for it that I need to check?

I'm really confused and frustrated by the whole situation.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
sounds like you might be running the remote wire on the amp with the antena turn on

sorry but take everything out and use the other blue wire

or you can do what I did and just run your amps remote from the red wire on the wire harness(switched 12v)

Old 10-20-2009, 10:16 AM
does your deck have power?
If it does not have power, check your fuses.
If it has power, pull everything out again, and use a multimeter to check the red wire (does it go to 12 volts when the key is turned on and 0 when car is off)
if the red has power check the yellow wire it should have 12 volts.
If both are good. Check your ground. - set multimeter to ohms, touch your leads together to 0 it out and take the ground wire and place find a solid chassis ground and if the ground is good it will be <5ohms (closer to 0 the better).
If all those are good - there's no problem with your wiring.
After that you may have to go to the next level of trouble shooting

Old 10-20-2009, 10:20 AM
My deck does have power & seems to be functioning properly.

Are you talking about the wires behind the deck or going into the amp?

Thanks for your help!

Old 10-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
sounds like you might be running the remote wire on the amp with the antena turn on

or you can do what I did and just run your amps remote from the red wire on the wire harness(switched 12v)

I will double check that I am not using the wrong blue wire when I get home.

Also, it is not a problem to take everything out again b/c I still have my dash all torn apart right now. I didn't want to mount any thing permanently until I made sure everything functions properly.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will let you know how it turns out

Old 10-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by blazeplacid

+1 double check to see if your amp is still receiving power, or at the least the turn-on lead. Don't confuse the turn-on lead with the power-antenna lead. The G has a antenna signal booster, not to be mistaken with one of those retractable motorized antenna. G/L

Old 10-20-2009, 04:37 PM
As a diagnostic step, I'd bypass your amp altogether. If you have a long RCA cable...feed it to a stereo input to see if it's putting out sound. If your RCA's have sound coming out of them, then you have an amp issue...

Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Deezflip
+1 double check to see if your amp is still receiving power, or at the least the turn-on lead.
What pin is this on the amp connector? I found that the red/yel. wire always has power & I have continuity to gnd through the red/blk wire.

Originally Posted by Deezflip
Don't confuse the turn-on lead with the power-antenna lead. The G has a antenna signal booster, not to be mistaken with one of those retractable motorized antenna. G/L
what should I do with the solid blue wire that is labeled power antenna on the metra harness? do i need to hook it up to anything?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by TroysG
does your deck have power?
If it does not have power, check your fuses.
If it has power, pull everything out again, and use a multimeter to check the red wire (does it go to 12 volts when the key is turned on and 0 when car is off)
if the red has power check the yellow wire it should have 12 volts.
If both are good. Check your ground. - set multimeter to ohms, touch your leads together to 0 it out and take the ground wire and place find a solid chassis ground and if the ground is good it will be <5ohms (closer to 0 the better).
If all those are good - there's no problem with your wiring.
After that you may have to go to the next level of trouble shooting
Troy all those things checked out to be OK. Any ideas on the next level of trouble shooting? Also, I have mad sure it isn't the unit by hooking the RCA outs to my home stereo and sound came out just fine.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 PM
If you have no sound coming out of your outputs, that means the deck is screwed. But since you do have sound. you're likely going to have to bypass the amp. easiest way to do this just get a pinout diagram of the amp and find the corresponding wires. :S it's a pain in the ***.
It's either that or go aftermarket amp and run new wires - sorry man not an easy fix

Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Sorry man, I'm trying to search for all my notes, it's been awhile since I did the install. Just to verify...you have this harness, right?...where the SOLID BLUE is for the power antenna and turn-on lead is the BLUE/WHITE

Old 10-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Ok I'm starting to remember, basically what blazeplacid said...

If I remember correctly, the SOLID BLUE for the power antenna was connected to the turn-on lead off the head unit but still had no idea where to tap the BLUE/WHITE

I ended up using the ACC Ignition 12V+ for the BLUE/WHITE to turn on and off the remote lead for the bose amp. So in other words, the amp would turn ON and OFF by a turn of the KEY instead of turning on and off by the head unit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extremely frustrated! I need all the help I can get, PLEASE!!