Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

2007 6mt coupe double din install preparations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2009 | 05:40 AM
|
2007 6mt coupe double din install preparations

i have an 07 standard speaker system [non bose, non premium]. i talked to a few shops and am sure unsure what i will need to get this done. all i know is i need to get a JDM Double Din Kit w/ AC Controller becasue i read the AC controls and stereo are integrated on teh same circuit board. my cousin is telling me i also need to get an amplifier to drive my stock speakers, however the shop is telling me an amplifier is not neccessary. can somebody confirm this?

i was planning to get an alpine/eclispe double din navi+HU. i was not planning to buy an amplifier to make this upgrade but if i have to i really have to think twice now. can anybody confirm or add if there is anything else i need to get to make this setup work?

Old 10-23-2009 | 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by rckymar10
i have an 07 standard speaker system [non bose, non premium]. i talked to a few shops and am sure unsure what i will need to get this done. all i know is i need to get a JDM Double Din Kit w/ AC Controller becasue i read the AC controls and stereo are integrated on teh same circuit board. my cousin is telling me i also need to get an amplifier to drive my stock speakers, however the shop is telling me an amplifier is not neccessary. can somebody confirm this?

i was planning to get an alpine/eclispe double din navi+HU. i was not planning to buy an amplifier to make this upgrade but if i have to i really have to think twice now. can anybody confirm or add if there is anything else i need to get to make this setup work?
Well you definitaly don`t need an amp,

i have a 06 standard speaker system , and i upgraded my HU to a Kenwood DD

Here is basicly what you need:

JDM DD kit with a/c control,
Metra 7550 wire kit, (saves you from cutting your factory wires)
Your new HU
PAC SWI-Jack (If you want to preserve steering wheel control)

So the amp is not necessary ,