Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

What Aftermarket Navi to buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ballain
Well the aftermarket unit won`t work with your oem box, however, the antenna will, just take off the connector off the antenna tip , and plug it in directly, still fits tight so no problem there,

I got my sirius universal (SC-C1) tuner for 49$ at future shop / best buy

Also you will need a adapter to plus it in The Kenwood Ca-SR20V

i would say buy the box, specially that its not very expensive, works really well too,
Thanks, and what do you have driving the OEM Steering controls?

Old 11-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06g35meister
Thanks, and what do you have driving the OEM Steering controls?
I use the PAC SWI-JACK

Old 12-01-2009, 10:05 AM
ballain, (and I suppose MyG8u and ntrinsik)

I really like the setup. I'm considering getting the Kenwood DNX9140 as well. Does the screen fit in well with the JDM DIN and the rest of the dash? I've seen some setups where the screen either pokes out a bit or has a gap in the double DIN slot.

Also, what exactly do you need to install this with your factory BOSE system? (Do you have BOSE or the Non-BOSE system?). Does that even make a difference during install?

- (Steering wheel controls) - PAC SWI-JACK
- (Sirius/XM Tuner?) - SC-C1 (Sirius)
- (Sirius/XM Cable) - Kenwood CA-SR20V (Sirius)
- (Sirius/XM antenna) - OEM antenna cable will work
- (Harness) - ?
- (AM/FM Antenna adapter) - ?

Did you install the headunit/DIN kit yourself? Also, does your car have the 'Dual' zone A/C? I noticed the faceplate has this feature blanked. I'm wondering if Riverside Infiniti has both available. Last - how much, if any, does an aftermarket (quality) headunit improve the output of the factory BOSE speakers?

A video would be awesome if you had the time. Sorry for all the questions. I'm just wanting to see what I'm getting into before any commitment is made and I can budget. I may even go further and do an amp/sub/front component setup. THANKS so much!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Accidental
ballain, (and I suppose MyG8u and ntrinsik)

I really like the setup. I'm considering getting the Kenwood DNX9140 as well. Does the screen fit in well with the JDM DIN and the rest of the dash? I've seen some setups where the screen either pokes out a bit or has a gap in the double DIN slot.

Also, what exactly do you need to install this with your factory BOSE system? (Do you have BOSE or the Non-BOSE system?). Does that even make a difference during install?

- (Steering wheel controls) - PAC SWI-JACK
- (Sirius/XM Tuner?) - SC-C1 (Sirius)
- (Sirius/XM Cable) - Kenwood CA-SR20V (Sirius)
- (Sirius/XM antenna) - OEM antenna cable will work
- (Harness) - ?
- (AM/FM Antenna adapter) - ?

Did you install the headunit/DIN kit yourself? Also, does your car have the 'Dual' zone A/C? I noticed the faceplate has this feature blanked. I'm wondering if Riverside Infiniti has both available. Last - how much, if any, does an aftermarket (quality) headunit improve the output of the factory BOSE speakers?

A video would be awesome if you had the time. Sorry for all the questions. I'm just wanting to see what I'm getting into before any commitment is made and I can budget. I may even go further and do an amp/sub/front component setup. THANKS so much!
Alright yes i did the install myself, took me about 4 hours, i dont have Dual ac zone so thats why i didnt order the dual zone JDM kit, however i know it is available.
The harness adapter i used was the maetra 7550, and i do not have the bose system, however there is also the 7551 which have the RCA connectors, im not sure if you can use either one with the bose.

as per the sound well i found the base sound clearer and louder, other then that it sounds very good.

There is a little gap around the deck, personally it dosnt bother me since its a very small gap.

You will also need a AM/FM adapter for Nissan, can get some on ebay or wherever it takes the 2 pin antenna and convert it to a normal straight antenna output.

If you want to see a video i posted one on youtube to show the sirius interface since somebody on there requested it.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just picked up the AVIC Z110bt. I haven't installed it yet but I got it for 975 shipped. I like many of the feature it has, including the SD card reader. Many of the previously mentioned nav units are excellent units, just find the one you like best. I personally stayed away from the Kenwood because of it's Garmin based navigation.... I'm not a fan of it, but that's just my opinion.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:12 AM
if you can return that z110, do it. You can get it from amazon, through 6ave for about $907 shipped. plus you are eligible for the $200 rebate since they are an authorized dealer = $707 shipped. That is where I got mine and hope to have it installed by tomorrow afternoon on my 03 coupe.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gah.... no more left. $707 shipped is one hell of a deal. Too bad I missed that one. When I logged on this morning it said that there was one left, I clicked add to cart and it said that there were no more. Oh well.

Last edited by G35 Pilot; 12-03-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:11 PM
InDash

Hey I'm going to buy a indash for my car but I need a dash kit for my car. But I can't find that sameone. Where did you buy that one? Can you please send me the information where you bought it. My e-mail is urmomspace@aim.com.
Thanks

Old 02-27-2010, 05:53 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
eBay is about the only place, or contact Riverside Infiniti directly.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:24 PM
I bought my JDM DD kit from Grubb's Infiniti in Texas. My DNX5140 has a slight gap around the unit when placed into the kit. To fix this, I put the trim ring inside the dash kit so that the stereo is slightly recessed. I think it looks great, let me know if you want pics. Grubbs' website is www.grubbsperformanceparts.com