Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

RCAs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
RCAs

those of you who know off-hand or remember.....what wires did you wire your RCAs up to......1 amp for a sub and 1 amp for the speakers. my issue is my sub works fine obv, but only my front speakers work. my rears dont.....and the deck subs arent hooked up. ?????

Old 02-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
^^^^ This post makes no sense. Taking 5 minutes to type complete questions and sentences will get you a response hours earlier and more relevant than throwing words on the screen as fast as you can.

Please post some actual details on what your install is.

For example:
I replaced the headunit and Bose amp in my 2006 Sedan. I installed two amps in my car, a 4-channel amp and a 2-channel amp. The 4-channel drives the front and rear speakers, while the 2-channel amp drives two subs in the trunk. I have RCAs running from my Pioneer F90BT head unit to the 4-channel. I ran RCAs from the pre-outs on the 4-channel amp to the 2-channel amp. I get sound from the front speakers and the subs, but not from the rear speakers. Please help.

Because to answer the only question in your post:
I didn't wire RCAs to wires. I wired them to the headunit and the amp.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the_coupe
those of you who know off-hand or remember.....what wires did you wire your RCAs up to......1 amp for a sub and 1 amp for the speakers. my issue is my sub works fine obv, but only my front speakers work. my rears dont.....and the deck subs arent hooked up. ?????
this is quite possibly the worst question i have ever seen... i mean, seriously, wtf! anywho, i'm not sure what you are talking about, but as far as wires are concerned, you can try this...

http://www.mygfrenzy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4891

Old 02-23-2010, 10:10 PM
errr. 04 coupe. factory audio unit and speakers. i have a jl 500/1 running a w6. i have a jl 300/4 wired to run the front and rear speakers. the rca outputs for the amps were taken from the harness that goes to the factory bose amp. i wired everything up exactly as it came from the previous g coupe. but only my front door speakers work. and the rear speaker outputs are wired up but they dont work......better?

Old 02-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

A bit better.

If you connect the RCAs that are giving the fronts their signal to the rear's inputs on the amp, do you get sound from the rears?

If you connect hte RCAs that should give the rears their signal to the front's inputs on the amp, do you get sound from the front?

Other stuff to check:
Is there a switch on the jl 300/4 that puts all power to only the front outputs that got bumped?

Old 02-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
^^^^ This post makes no sense. Taking 5 minutes to type complete questions and sentences will get you a response hours earlier and more relevant than throwing words on the screen as fast as you can.

Please post some actual details on what your install is.

Because to answer the only question in your post:
I didn't wire RCAs to wires. I wired them to the headunit and the amp.

^

Old 02-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

OP, did you check those things I asked?

Old 02-26-2010, 01:18 PM
correction, obviously my front door speakers and the rear speakers work, but not the woofers on the deck. if i fade up front they work, if i fade to the rear...nothing. as far as the amp settings, it's a jl 300/4. the rca's are in the front channel connections. input mode- 2ch, input voltage-low. the front filter controls are: filter slope- 24db, range- x1, mode- HP, freq- 95. there aren't any rear channel rca's connected obviously, but all the settings are the same as the front. i do have a seperate 500/1 amp hooked to a 10w6 which works flawlessly. is this how it should be?

Old 02-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Exclamation

Post #1: "only my front speakers work. my rears dont"
Post #2: "only my front door speakers work"
Post #3: "obviously my front door speakers and the rear speakers work"

OBVIOUSLY.

Post #1 "the deck subs arent hooked up"
Post #3 "the rear speakers work, but not the woofers on the deck."

They don't work because they're not hooked up.

Post #3 "if i fade up front they work, if i fade to the rear...nothing"
WHAT ARE "THEY"??? if you punctuated or used full sentences, I may be able to infer what you're talking about here, but you could be referring to any of the nouns in the earlier part of the run-on sentence here.

Here's what I want:
1) A description and/or photographic depiction of all four channels of audio channels that come out of the Bose head unit.
It should read like this, but one for each of the four:
Left front from headunit has been cut before it goes into the Bose amp. It has been soldered to an RCA adapter that goes into JL 300/4's left front audio input.
-or-
Left rear from headunit goes to the Bose amp. No cuts or modifications were made.

2) A description of what's connected into all four powered audio outputs from the JL 300/4.
It should read like this, but for all outputs:
The wire that came from the Bose amp and went to the driver's door has been cut and soldered to turn it into an RCA adapter, which is plugged into the left front output from the JL 300/4.

3) A description of where the JL 500/1 gets its audio channel(s).

4) A description of the settings used on the amp. I think you covered this in your last post, but I want to be clear on it.

Type this out clearly so that we can help you. Seriously. I'd much rather spend an hour checking wiring diagrams for your amp and the Bose to figure out what's wrong than try and decipher cryptic posts.

Again, if you had been clear in your first post, you would probably have had a solution within a couple of hours, but since you're typing like you're talking and pointing at stuff while I stand next to you and am listening to it, this has taken days instead of hours.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry to hi-jack your thread but does anyone know what length of RCA's is best for our car? Im guessing 18'?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Just run a piece of string the approximate route you're going and add a couple feet.

It's always easier to tuck extra wire somewhere than it is to splice a few inches.