Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

adding camp2 to factory navi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adding camp2 to factory navi

whats going on i was reading on the forum about tapping in to the navi audio so the alarm can play at the same time as the music like the nave does.i wanted to know if you could hook up the video the same way

(Audio Out of the HKS Camp2 to the OEM Nav input on the Bose Headunit ? check it out on the FSM its on the A/V Manual, search for Navi Input+ and Navi Input- 32,30 on audio unit (M39) Harness so just hook the Left Audio the White RCA with these Pins)

i was look at the wiring and clip (m57 harness) has two wires one called navi-disp rx pin-out 35, and navi disp tx pin-out 33. at the display unit (m35 harness) the same two wires are there are the navi switch (m37 harness) and navi control unit (m57 harness). if this could work what im thinking is to maybe cut a switch in to go from one source like the nav to the other video source.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
I've read this three times and still can't figure out what you're trying to say.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i want to take the a/v cable cut it and tap the yellow in to the video input to the screen and tap red/white in the nav audio + -. without having to add the audio and a video integration like the pac or so. i wanted to know if any one has done something like this or know if if can be done.

if so anyone looking to add video to there car could do it but would need to add the audio interface for sound.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
The video input on the stock navi screen is RGB+sync. Standard VGA is RGB+Hsync+Vsync. It requires a processor to convert between the two. The AVelectronic.com unit is the cheapest and by far most versatile method of doing this. Most VGA and other video sources are going to be much too high a sync rate to output correctly. Google RGBS to VGA if you want to read technical details about it.

You can tap the mono audio input going into the Bose headunit, I am unsure if anyone has done this, but it is possible, as some people have routed the mono audio from the stock navi to a second amp/speaker to retain voice guidance after replacing the factory headunit. All you need is to have a switch which sends the +12v signal to the headunit to signal it to switch to the mono voice guidance input. You could probably get a rotary switch or a single button (activated by inserting mp3 player into a dock, for example) which flips on three relays to throw simultaneously (12v signal wire, Audio +, Audio -) for a very slick, and inexpensive solution. The only drawback, of course, would be that it would not be in stereo.

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 12-12-2009 at 06:40 PM.