Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Offering Cash- ER SWI-PS Install Help - FAILING!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Using the cigarette light to power it is a good idea to diagnose, but since Infiniti doesn't recommend that for anything but the cigarette lighter, I assume that it doesn't have as much filtering or something like that, so I wouldn't recommend using it permanently.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is going to sound stupid but does anyway have a chance to take a quick picture of this harness which I am to tap into?

I only see a single harness that matches the instructions and I wired to it directly with no luck.

Perhaps I am missing something? Spoke with PAC but dash wasn't torn apart then to continue testing. Bought some new resisters and will test again tonight with some more wiring. It's a rats nest back there and a real pain in the *** to navigate wiring for six channels, ipod adapters etc... gah.

Anyone willing to do a favor and snap a shot of it?
(On a side note, Type-X 12 came last night. Not as loud in a sealed box as expected but SUPER tight bass notes.)

-M

Old 02-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Take yours apart and take a picture of what you have. That'll help us.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Will do tonight. Just don't laugh at the nest of wiring or my snip of the harness. If it's what I think it is, its a harness piece not used with an after market radio and just dangles out there. I snipped the harness off and taped off the white wire.

Will do tonight, thanks again man.
-M

Old 02-05-2010, 10:57 PM
FOUND THE ISSUE!!!!

Now I work as a software guy and have extensive experience with hardware. Computer, car, medical equipment. So installing a PAC unit should be a piece of cake right? lol

Ok so perhaps this will help someone in the future-
Issue was when the pac unit was grounded (PAC SWI-PS) the head unit would completely turn off.

Well when installing I had the head already in and tapped into the read wire going into the head unit.... Ie after the soldier where I connected the head to the Metra wire harness.

To find out, there was a tiny in line fuse/resister for this line. Once I saw this, I tried wiring the switched wire for the pac unit (red wire) BEFORE the head unit wire harness and it works FINE now!

I am doing some cleaning of the wiring now with zip ties and am now about to soldier the resisters with some shrink tubing so wish me luck with programming. From a techie background I hope to give some basic insight into programming this thing since everyone says its a bitch to do. Picked up some new resisters from Radio Shack so this should (Keyword: SHOULD) be easy.

Update in 30 mins.

-M

Old 02-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Done. :-)

Programmed just volume up/down to test. Works fine :-D
Man this is sick. Glad I could work the kinks out. As I expected, something of my own doing as well.

-M

Old 02-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Glad it worked out.

I had no idea there was anything but wires in that harness. Odd.