Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Does anyone know what product will take the BOSE Deck outputs and make them regular?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2010 | 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by mattyjman
you can do what the OP did, which apparently works well, or you can use the BLD as I suggested. The problem with a regular LOC, is it's designed to convert high voltage signals to low voltage signals that amps can read. The Bose HU outputs already low level signals, but it's the signal type thats the problem. You can use any device that switches a balanced signal to rca, or find one of the many amps manufactured that has balanced input circuitry. But simply using a LOC will normally do nothing but harm the signal and introduce more potential noise and distortion to your system. It's not the right component for the job.
I was talking about using the regular LOC after the Bose amp since those signals are high voltage. I guess I will either get the BLD or what OP used though if my amp won't work by itself. I do want to do this right as I want it to sound best as possible.

Old 03-01-2010 | 04:23 PM
yes, that would work fine... if you want the best sound though, you want to eliminate the bose amp...that's where all the eqing and nasty sound stuff is done... cut that out and you have a clean signal

Old 03-01-2010 | 04:40 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Premier Member
^^ +1

Old 03-01-2010 | 11:00 PM
Sounds good, thanks a lot!

Old 03-01-2010 | 11:28 PM
|
I am rather impressed and satisfied (which does not come easy for audio with me) with the features and sound quality of the MTX REQ-5 I purchased and installed. AND it has an auxiliary input, and the price is right. I was considering the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1 or 2 but for the price... (retailing at like 4-6 hundo). Not to mention it has an external master volume **** to use instead of the one on the Head Unit.

Old 03-02-2010 | 12:19 PM
I've decided to get the MTX thing if it doesn't work out with my amp. Out of curiousity I just called Alpine and asked if the amp I am getting accepts balanced signal, they had no idea what I was talking about.

Old 03-02-2010 | 04:05 PM
|
Mtx

Most amps do not specify the balanced input, if they are balanced they do specify it though, from what I have gathered...

Just to clarify the external volume on the MTX REQ5 is for the volume on the aux input only. The Fosgate and JL both had a NEW master volume to be installed for the whole system. They both also had a CD that tuned the whole system as well. The MTX seemed like a good trade off. You could install it with out running the cable for the aux input if you liked. Another feature it had on the MTX was an 8 volt line driver for the bass output, and crossed over the signal (with variable freq adjustments). You can input all 4 channels (low level from HU) and output 4 channel highs, and 2 channel-mono output for the sub. The instructions were not so great, but I am happy with the sound, and I am very particular about the sound quality of my system. I found it to be a very good comprimise, allowing me to integrate whatever amp(s) I choose.

Old 03-02-2010 | 05:16 PM
i used an audio conrtol unit it can switch it both ways

Old 03-09-2010 | 04:17 PM
So, if you're ever curious as to how long it takes to heal after having your foot surgically removed from deep in your throat, it's between this post and my last post.

After a bit of research, I proved myself completely wrong on this issue and I apologize for my apparent arrogance. My information was based on a training I had been through years ago with which this very system was discussed. I have to admit that for the years since I (and others) have worked with the premise that the DSP is located in the radio on the BOSE system in the G35. Though it is in some BOSE systems it is NOT in this one. I now I'm telling you guys what you already told me, but hey, I feel like an idiot so I gotta pour my own salt in this wound.

Again, I apologize, and I hope I am of some help to you guys in other issues in the future.

Peace?

Old 03-09-2010 | 05:21 PM
No "Peace" was necessary, but it's always accepted. It was mostly a difference of opinion, not a war. Admitting you made a mistake (you are human, right?) and showing some humility greatly outweighs any self-described "arrogance". I'm glad you're back, and look forward to having you share your experiences with the rest of us. I think there are precious few audio experts on here, so what you bring to the table will be appreciated by many of us.

So, Peace to you too, Brother G.

Old 03-09-2010 | 05:21 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Premier Member
Ungarocd feel free to edit your posts so there's not bad info on the first page of this confusing anyone who goes searching through the archives.