Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

sound systems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sound systems

where can i find out about sound systems for the g coupe? i am debating on whether to get the premium package or just get teh sunroof and a kickass sound system. where and how much is average?

DG 6mt Premium - still saving

Old 04-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Re: sound systems

Any aftermarket Audio setup for the G35's is going to cost some $$$ (If done right). They will have to mold a new center console in order to fit a new head unit. And unless they know what there doing, you could end up with a crappy looking center console.

I've been debating weather or not to do it. I found a Sterro shop where I live that owns like 18 shops all over California, and he said they have guys that can make the console look as clean as the stock setup, but with the new sterro equipment. He said all it takes is $$$$, he even guarenteed it would come out clean.

Being my car is only 3 weeks old, I thik I'm going to put off this mod for a few years, when I start to get bored with my car then I'll start adding things to it

Dan

Ivory Pearl - 6MT - Sedan

Old 04-06-2003, 09:22 PM

I have the premium Bose system with the premium package on my coupe.

At first, I was a bit disappointed with the sound, especially on the high end. But, I think after the amps and speakers have broken in, it sounds good. Good enough for me to not want an upgrade. Plenty of bass and sound better when turned up then down. Plus, the in dash 6-disc is great.

Old 04-06-2003, 09:47 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

you dont have to replace the headunit, you can just upgrade the amps and rear speakers, should be sufficient, if you need another cd-changer or mp3 player, just get it FM-Modulated

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>