Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rumble ready

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rumble ready

hey guys! here's the deal...

I recently purchased two 13inch elemential designs kv.2 drivers, and a TRU 900watt amp which i believe shall be delivered very soon. (within the month)

I am curious as to what others have done with their systems besides just adding subs. I do not plan on replacing the factory deck, i like the stylings to it. Although i feel maybe some new speakers would be a nice touch. I am confused as to which/what speakers to get. Someone mentioned replacing the door speakers with Focal's.

Another suggestion was disconnecting the rear speakers. does anyone feel this is a bad idea? has anyone replaced their rear deck speakers?

I really would like your two cents!

Old 09-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Re: rumble ready

Just go all out man. Got to have fun with your stereo.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by hector2112 on 09/22/04 12:29 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 09-24-2004, 02:45 AM

I have my stock radio going to a Ven4 line output converter. From there the rear channels are connected directly to a 600W Crossfire amp, connected to two Crossfire BMF-10's in fiberglass enclosures on the left and right sides. The front channels are running through an Alpine ERE-G180 EQ, then to a Crossfire 400W amp, connected to the front and rear speakers. I have left the stock rear speakers, but replaced the fronts with Crossfire SQ 6.0 components. The EQ has a fader conrol. The car's fader control adjusts the sub level.

A great deal of this equipment came from my old car. I bought it based on the stereo shop's recommendaton, looking for a good value. It turned out so well that I just moved it to the G rather than buying more expensive stuff.

Keeping the factory radio has really worked out well for me. Replacing the Bose amp, adding an EQ and replacing those front componens made all the difference. The sound is so clean and noise free. I am consistently impressed by how good it all sounds, and I've had many, many elaborate aftermarket systems in my previous cars.

I later decked the factory radio out with both a Phatbox and a Sirius tuner. So now I've got lots of high end features with a totally stock look. While I do salivate over how those Elcipse AVN units look with a double-din kit, I can walk away from the car and not stress out about having it broken into. I'm extremely happy with how the whole thing has turned out and I wouldn't change a thing.

The only thing left to do is move the Phatbox to a less intrusive location. It just sits on the trunk floor now, I'd like to perhaps mount it inside the cabin under the seat or under the glovebox. Also need to do some more de-rattling and get more dynamat added.

Old 09-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Widdle ya into kindling

I am getting ready to add a Kicker Solo-baric 10 with a Phoenix Gold amp that will hit very hard. In addition I just ordered some MB Quart QSD 216 components for the front doors also run by another Phoenix gold amp. Cannot wait. I have had MB Q's before and was very impressed to the point I will never purchase anything but them. This time around though I bought the QSD series that retail for $1400 for a pair of 6.5's on eBay for $500. The only bad thing about buying these from eBay is that MB Q will not cover them under warranty because they are not an authorized dealer; however, the eBayer that I bought them from was up front about this and offers a 90 day warranty on all their purchases.

I may later change the rear 6.5's with some MB Q PCE series, but probably will not need to. My less expensive MB Q's sounded so great, lots of mid bass and highs and never had a problem keeping up with my two 12 subs, I am so excited to here these beauties.

Eventually I may upgrade to a DD Dash with a CD/MP3 maybe NAV, but if I do it will be next year. Saving up money to buy an old Pathfinder or 4-runner or QX4(I wish) for the Winter.

PS I love the MB Q's so much that whenever I have the money I plan on upgrading my home stereo with it.

Hope this helps, go check am out somewhere. MB Q has many lines a Reference less expensive series a PCE series and the way above high end QSD Series!

Old 09-24-2004, 05:47 PM

How are you running both the phatbox and the sirius tuner? You just manually swapping them out, or running the sirius through an FM mod?

Old 09-24-2004, 08:12 PM

wow! those are impressive systems! thank you guys so much for all the advice, after reading this and a few other new posts, i am going to purchase a set of front 6.5's i am going to look into the MB Quarts, thats quite a recomendation!

I am now curious as to what wiring gauge you are all running? does brand matter that much?

someone mentioned running near 1000w would be too much strain on the alternator, would my TRU 900.1 be pushing too much?!?!?