Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to switch from bose to non-bose..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trying to switch from bose to non-bose..

Hey guys, my friends circuit board and radio went out. I have a non-bose headunit/circuit board and he wants to put it on his car. We tried plugging it up but it doesn't work because the BOSE wiring harness and NON-Bose wiring harness aren't the same.

I searched and read that I should try wiring the head unit direct to my factory speakers. My question is, how would I wire my head unit directly to my speaker? (I've worked with radios/indashes before but I'm puzzled with this one maybe I'm just having an off day or something)

What wires would I cut, and where would I put it? Also, the radio that I have has a jammed cd, but his radio that he has a 6disc cd changer that works, can we turn my 1disc radio, into a 6disc?

This is for a 04 G35 Coupe!

Old 06-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
well it can be done but might be alot of troulbe

the main issue is that bose speakers in this car are 2 ohm

the non bose headunit is made for 4 ohm speakers, while it would work, the head unit would get warm prett fast and then turn off when over heated.

im sure you can find a non bose pin out. From there you would need to tap into the wires from the head units spiced wire harness.
Then run the spliced wire to each speaker.
The bose set up is made to give a signal to a bose amp and then the bose amp is what gives the power to the speakers

yeah its a bitch

much easier to get a metra or JDM dash kit and a new headunit, you can get a harness that will turn the bose amps on

the single disc into 6 disc is not possible

Old 06-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
well it can be done but might be alot of troulbe

the main issue is that bose speakers in this car are 2 ohm

the non bose headunit is made for 4 ohm speakers, while it would work, the head unit would get warm prett fast and then turn off when over heated.

im sure you can find a non bose pin out. From there you would need to tap into the wires from the head units spiced wire harness.
Then run the spliced wire to each speaker.
The bose set up is made to give a signal to a bose amp and then the bose amp is what gives the power to the speakers

yeah its a bitch

much easier to get a metra or JDM dash kit and a new headunit, you can get a harness that will turn the bose amps on

the single disc into 6 disc is not possible
Thank you for the quick response! My friend isn't interested in doing all that and I understand it's much easier.

Hmmm, let me search for the pin out and report back.

edit:

i am tearing my headout and i can't figure it out. lol i think i'm just stressing myself out too crazy. i wish there was just a DIY i could read -__-

Last edited by Choleaoum; 06-23-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I dont think there will be a DIY

you will have to search in the repair manuals

some are on infinitihelp.com

Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
I dont think there will be a DIY

you will have to search in the repair manuals

some are on infinitihelp.com
i really doubt theres a diy to tell me how to go from bose to non-bose lol. I got the headunit and everything installed, I just need to wire my speakers directly to the non-bose headunit.

i found the FSM wiring but it's really confusing to read.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks blazeplacid, you've been a good help, here's what I've come up with I was going to splice the wires at "B114" which is the harness at the Amp.. what else does that b114 harness do anyways?

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/p...leaoum/fsm.jpg

Can I just splice pin 19 and pin 12 and put them together, and so forth? I noticed that on the non-bose radio that on the harness plug "m40" pin 2, and 1 is the same because they go directly to the speaker.

If that does work, should I leave the b114 harness wire plugged into the amp? What do you guys think? will it work?

Of course with my splicing it's going to be properly soldered and secure so no shorts or anything occur.

Last edited by Choleaoum; 06-23-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:53 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Yeah, you can just bypass the amp by connecting the outputs to the inputs, but you won't have anything to power whatever's on the rear deck.

Trending Topics

Old 06-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Yeah, you can just bypass the amp by connecting the outputs to the inputs, but you won't have anything to power whatever's on the rear deck.
Sorry but I don't understand what do you mean by rear deck? He doesn't have a subwoofer (someone broke into his car and took it) so his bose amplifier is useless.

Would you recommend leaving the wire harness plugged in after splicing the wire? I don't know if the amplifier wire harness powers anything else?

Old 06-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Somebody stole the Bose subwoofer? Instant karma when that guy listens to music on it.

But the rear deck is the part where the subwoofer and amp bolt onto. On the sedan, there's a 8" woofer, and on the coupe, it's a pair of 6x9's, since you won't have a 5th or 6th powered channel for them from the base headunit, whatever was there would have been silent.

Don't leave the bose amp plugged in at all, just remove the harness.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey EVERYONE... i was a little SKECTHY bout doing any of this WORK on the CAR. Im the FRIEND Choleaoum is reffering to. HOWEVER THIS GUY HAS BEEN A BLESSING TO ME. We just met on MOnday and not only has he sold me the Circuitboard and Radio but he installed it for me.. THANKS to THE FORUMS HELP... !!! CHOLEA YOU AN AWESOME GUY and VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE... IM IN YOUR DEBT BRO.....

Old 06-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by jstifiedg
Hey EVERYONE... i was a little SKECTHY bout doing any of this WORK on the CAR. Im the FRIEND Choleaoum is reffering to. HOWEVER THIS GUY HAS BEEN A BLESSING TO ME. We just met on MOnday and not only has he sold me the Circuitboard and Radio but he installed it for me.. THANKS to THE FORUMS HELP... !!! CHOLEA YOU AN AWESOME GUY and VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE... IM IN YOUR DEBT BRO.....
Thanks david! Welcome to the forums man. I'll leave you a iTrader (it's a feedback rating system)