Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Compustar 900Mhz Alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Compustar 900Mhz Alarm

Hey Fellas!!!

Anyone here have a Compustar alarm installed???? They have a new model that was released in May of this year that now comes with 2 remotes....1 mile range....Turbo timer....remote start timer....paging system...and anti-car jacking feature....anyone have this one or any compustar for that matter????

Danny

Old 10-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: New Compustar 900Mhz Alarm

I have last years model sitting at home. I can't find a place to install it :-(

"Is simplicity best or simply the easiest"

Old 10-08-2004, 03:43 PM

You got one over the counter??? I was under the assumption that these weren't allowed to be sold OTC due to the complexity in installing this unit....then again I could be wrong...yet I've seen these in 2 stores here in NY and they won't sell them OTC....Where are you???

Old 10-10-2004, 03:16 PM

I used to sell compustar nothing but problems, Now Viper is never ever gave me problems eve once

OWNER OF MOBILE ELECTRONICS OF NY
THE BEST CUSTOM JOBS, NAVI TO VIDEO CONVERSIONS, REMOTE STARTS, AUDIO SYSTEMS, MOBILE VIDEO, NAVIGATION SYSTEM
ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME AT VSOKOLOV@HOTMAIL.COM

Old 10-10-2004, 06:30 PM

I got mine on Ebay...not even sure if it works [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] I had the 1st gen of Compustar hooked up on my 97Accord..Never had problems..Still works [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

"Is simplicity best or simply the easiest"

Old 10-11-2004, 12:03 AM
g4s

i believe i have it. its the latest model on their website (2WSS-AS). i dont regret the purchase and have had no problems after a few trips to the installer. basically i was their first g35 alarm install. the range is of the remote is unbelievable. no more putting the stock fob to my chin and looking like an idiot. ive heard the dei products work just as well.

Old 10-11-2004, 10:15 AM

I used to have DEI products installed in all my cars but I've heard so much craze about Compustar....It has so many features that your average DEI product couldn't even touch (aside from Clifford)....plus they are so exclusive....I'm going to have to do some more research, but I really am leaning towards the Compustar.

Danny

Any more feedback????

Old 10-11-2004, 11:56 AM
g4s

i used to have dei in my past cars as well. i was just intrigued by the range on the newer fob. if you do go with compustar definitely go with the spread spectrum model, despite the hefty fob. only problem with compustar is that it is exclusive and only a select few dealers are authorized. at least in my area there was only 1 in a 100 mile radius last time i checked. so find a dealer, call compustar and ensure they are authorized (unless you plan to tackle the install yourself). and it is even better if that dealer has done a g35 previously.

Old 10-11-2004, 12:47 PM

Yeah...everyone sells DEI...but not that many Compustar....Compustar does this though to help out the retailer...You have to be an authorized vendor for them and its so that other retail stores don't destroy the market for this product....I can go to china town and buy a Viper/Clifford/etc... and get it for dirt cheap...its good for us but you also have to understand the vendors approach to this, too....all in all I think that it protects everyone. Also I can go take that alarm to any retail shop and they will install it...try that with Compustar and they are like...huh???? If an installer has a hard time with it...imagine a theif!!!

Danny

Old 10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
g4s

true true, i just recommend an authorized dealer because of any warranty issues of course. if a thief really wants the car, the flatbeds will come.

im not an alarm guru so i dont know what components (if any) make the compustar more difficult to install, but that is just the consensus ive heard when i proceeded to inquire about the alarm. maybe its just marketing.

charles

Old 10-11-2004, 01:24 PM

Ofcourse....I most definately agree with you....I've always told people the same thing about the flatbeds...If they really want it....that flashing LED doesn't do anything.....As Far as getting an alarm through an Authorized dealer is the best way to go because if anything should happen....they have to take care of it..

Old 02-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Cmon Son!
what does the turbo timer for the compustar do??

Old 02-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Runs your car for a preset period of time after you get out and lock up. It allows your turbo to get cooled down before the car turns off. I personally love my Compustar. I even got the installer to wire it with the neutral safety switch instead of having to use the "chain of events" system that the alarm does stock. Works really quite well.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:06 PM
I have a Compustar alarm...like fXg35rIdA, I got mine off ebay. So far it's pretty good, I love it. Light vibration triggers the first stage shock sensor --alarm chirps a couple times and the remote buzzes and vibrates. Heavy vibration (hitting the wheels, breaking windows etc) triggers second stage --alarm sounds and remote goes crazy lol. That's what I like about this alarm, even if you don't hear the alarm going off, the remote will tell you it's going off. I think the Viper does the same but I don't have any experience with that one. The other nice thing is the range.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by mrdigital
I have a Compustar alarm...like fXg35rIdA, I got mine off ebay. So far it's pretty good, I love it. Light vibration triggers the first stage shock sensor --alarm chirps a couple times and the remote buzzes and vibrates. Heavy vibration (hitting the wheels, breaking windows etc) triggers second stage --alarm sounds and remote goes crazy lol. That's what I like about this alarm, even if you don't hear the alarm going off, the remote will tell you it's going off. I think the Viper does the same but I don't have any experience with that one. The other nice thing is the range.

Bro! Are you in Socal :-( I'm still looking for a shop to install mine..HELP :-(

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Compustar 900Mhz Alarm