Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

05 G35 sedan audio problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 G35 sedan audio problems

We're having trouble with the audio system in our '05 sedan. It is a Bose system and 98% of the time we have no sound even though the HU shows track and channel information and volume control changes. About 2% of the time the sound will work. My wife stopped by the dealer today and they told her we needed a new amp even though they didn't examine the car. The price, about $1000. Now my question is, is there a way to diagnose a failed amp? Can I check somehow to see if there is a signal coming from the HU?

For $1000 I would think I could go to a shop somewhere and have the entire system updated. I hate to invest that much in a car that we'll probably replace in the next year.

Thanks,
Dennis

Old 09-08-2010, 02:36 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Sounds like amp to me. And where you're planning on not keeping it long, I wouldn't bother with a good aftermarket amp. You could pick one up for under $200 I'm quite sure, but with installation, it wouldn't be an optimal solution. You need one from a Sedan though, as the coupes have 6 channels to the sedan's 5.

Best bet is the marketplace here, but since you have a new, non-paid account you can't post a want-to-buy in there, and posting something like that out here will get you banned.

If I didn't want to keep mine around in case I ever have to return to stock, I'll send you mine, but perhaps somebody will PM you with an offer.

eBay has one for under $150.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep an eye on EBAY. That may be the way to go.

Dennis

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Sounds like amp to me. And where you're planning on not keeping it long, I wouldn't bother with a good aftermarket amp. You could pick one up for under $200 I'm quite sure, but with installation, it wouldn't be an optimal solution. You need one from a Sedan though, as the coupes have 6 channels to the sedan's 5.

Best bet is the marketplace here, but since you have a new, non-paid account you can't post a want-to-buy in there, and posting something like that out here will get you banned.

If I didn't want to keep mine around in case I ever have to return to stock, I'll send you mine, but perhaps somebody will PM you with an offer.

eBay has one for under $150.