Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Just installed double din. Having a couple of problems...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed double din. Having a couple of problems...

I just installed the alpine iva-nav-1 in my car. Got it at 6th ave electronics for $398. (the website says 498 but when you go there its 398) I Couldnt resist. The only issues i'm having is my bluetooth. When i use it i cant hear the person on the other line at all. They can hear me loud and clear and the sound plays through the speakers when you dial the numbers but thats it.. I hooked up the wire harness like i was supposed to but i just cant figure it out. The only thing i can think of is this one wire thats pink/blk called the audio interrupt in lead. If thats it what do i wire that into??? i tried searching it but couldnt find anything that was truely helpful. Anyone have an idea?

another question is how do rig the dvd player so that it plays while im driving? i read about ways on putting a switch on the wire and grounding it but i dont want to put a switch in my car if i dont need it. i have 2 wires for the dvd and theyre called parking brake lead (yel/blue) and foot brake lead (yel/blk)

Old 10-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Might be an incompatibility with your phone. Try a different one first.

The audio interrupt lead is for an external device to send a +12v signal to mute everything, essentially an external mute button. If it's not connected to anything, it's not related to your problem.

Bypassing methods aren't supposed to be talk about on this forum, so you'll have to go elsewhere to find a way to do that, considering it's illegal in most states to have a video playing that is visible by the driver.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Might be an incompatibility with your phone. Try a different one first.

The audio interrupt lead is for an external device to send a +12v signal to mute everything, essentially an external mute button. If it's not connected to anything, it's not related to your problem.

Bypassing methods aren't supposed to be talk about on this forum, so you'll have to go elsewhere to find a way to do that, considering it's illegal in most states to have a video playing that is visible by the driver.
+1. Its most likely that. Same thing happened in my M3 when I installed my Eclipse headunit. I tried another phone and it worked great. Made sure you have the latest software update as well to be sure it is compatible with your phone. And make sure your phone bluetooth is on.