Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Left or Right for power wire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left or Right for power wire

well, today is the day i start my stereo install. I have read a few DIY's and it seems people have chose to run wire from the battery on both sides of the car.
Because the battery is on the passenger would that just be easier? I heard somewhere you may get more engine noise if you run wire on the same side of car? i really don't know what i'm talking about here...

Old 10-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Left or Right for power wire

Actually, you generally want to run the power wire separately from the patch cables(RCA). Running them parallel to each other for too long a length, can really open up the cables to picking up engine noise.

Old 10-20-2004, 10:26 PM

I ran my down the passenger side. It was easy to run and no noise.

Black 5AT Coupe, Navi, Falken Koblenz 19", HKS Legamax Exhaust, ZTube/Stillen, Grounding Kit, RSR Springs, Tokico DSpec Shocks

Old 10-20-2004, 10:59 PM

I ran the power down the passenger side and the speaker wires down the driver side.

Old 10-20-2004, 11:03 PM

I know running power and rca's on the same side can cause noise, but what about the power cable interfering with the 16 gauge speaker wire going to the rear 4 bose speakers, any issues with those two being in proximity of each other? Also, where did u guys run the power cable throguh the firewall, is there a spot behind the battery?

Old 10-20-2004, 11:07 PM

how did you guys chose to break through the firewall?! also seeings as i am using my stock HU i was told i need a LOC wire tap? which is avaliable at radio shack? radio shack didnt know what i was talking about, is there anywhere else i can find one? is LOC wire tap the best/safest way to go about taping into the wire? would someone that knows more than me please AIM me, my sign on is UYB. or just keep posting here, ill eventually figure it out!

Old 10-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=N-774v

That is a great LOC that I purchased. I ran the power wire down the passenger's side because it is easier, and the speaker wires and all of the other vehicle wires run down the driver's side.

'03.5 Silver AT Sedan, Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter, Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5, 19" Gram Light 57F Pro's, Hotchkis sways, Borla