Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Metra AXXESS ASWC install issues

Old 03-13-2011, 01:55 AM
Received 105 Likes on 13 Posts
Keep in mind...the diagrams I drew and the images I posted are pictured form the front. The pins you are soldering wires to will be coming out of the rear of the plug. Excuse my paint shop skills, but its the quickest I could do.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for the info but I didnt think I had to take it out of the factory receiver...I plan on selling that so im not gonna take stuff out of it...thanks though.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
^ Great way to start your posting here Silver Tiburon.

Although I think that desoldering the harness is a bit far to go - I'd rather keep my factory radio intact instead of keeping my factory wires intact - the diagrams you threw together here are definitely going to be re-used by me when helping people out with the ASWC.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:52 PM
cant get it working....think im just gonna go without steering wheel controls....damnit

Old 03-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
^ Great way to start your posting here Silver Tiburon.

Although I think that desoldering the harness is a bit far to go - I'd rather keep my factory radio intact instead of keeping my factory wires intact - the diagrams you threw together here are definitely going to be re-used by me when helping people out with the ASWC.
Yeah I know it seems a little in depth but It's really not so bad. I have to pull my dash apart to install a backup camera soon so I'll take some shots of the harness when I have it apart. As far as the factory radio is concerned, I see them going for around $50 on Ebay and Craigslist. I can always buy another Bose radio....a wiring harness for my car in not only much harder to find, but much more difficult to replace. It's all up to the user in the end though. To me a plug and play setup was just so much more appealing than keeping my Bose unit laying around for a rainy day, or selling it to make a few extra bucks. I'm going to try and make a video of the whole process which will make it much easier to understand and seem less overwhelming. When people say solder everyone gets scared. Where would the world electronics industry be without electrical tape and crimp connectors

Old 03-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by tibasnatch
cant get it working....think im just gonna go without steering wheel controls....damnit
Can you take some pictures of your wiring? Are you grounding the Yellow wire on the car's harness???

Old 03-13-2011, 04:56 PM
just PMed you....do u use aol instant messenger or anything?

I dont have the dash back together yet so I will go take some pics....I really want to get this done soon..thanks alot.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver tiburon
Yeah I know it seems a little in depth but It's really not so bad. I have to pull my dash apart to install a backup camera soon so I'll take some shots of the harness when I have it apart. As far as the factory radio is concerned, I see them going for around $50 on Ebay and Craigslist. I can always buy another Bose radio....a wiring harness for my car in not only much harder to find, but much more difficult to replace. It's all up to the user in the end though. To me a plug and play setup was just so much more appealing than keeping my Bose unit laying around for a rainy day, or selling it to make a few extra bucks. I'm going to try and make a video of the whole process which will make it much easier to understand and seem less overwhelming. When people say solder everyone gets scared. Where would the world electronics industry be without electrical tape and crimp connectors
It's trivial to put the wires back together after having cut them to splice to the ASWC, but re-soldering, not so much.

The following users liked this post:
jdubin94 (11-22-2015)
Old 12-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Might be a dumb question, but after you remove the white plugs from the Bose headunit and connect the wires, what do you connect the white plug to? Since you said it was plug and play now.

I'm going to be doing this soon, installing it in combination with the Bose amp using the PAC ROEM-NIS2.

Last edited by AARONHL; 12-09-2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by AARONHL
Might be a dumb question, but after you remove the white plugs from the Bose headunit and connect the wires, what do you connect the white plug to? Since you said it was plug and play now.

I'm going to be doing this soon, installing it in combination with the Bose amp using the PAC ROEM-NIS2.
After you remove the female plug from the Bose unit and solder it onto your AWSC harness, all you have to do now is plug it into the car's harness. This means simply connect the white plug you made to the car's harness exactly where it had been before you removed the stereo. The only difference is now, instead of the car's harness plugging into the back of your factory Bose unit, it will now plug into the custom made harness you constructed from the Bose connector you removed from the factory unit. If this doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try to clarify a little better.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:28 PM
DUHHH Thanks for the help!

Old 12-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
I just installed the Metra ASWC on a Pioneer AVH-P4300, followed the instructions and it worked great. Except the power button. I read somewhere that for the power button you will need to do a custom program on the ASWC. Does anyone knows how to do it?.
I will post a picture I took when testing the connections, in case it helps to the ones that are still having problems.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:29 AM
I made the harness tonight using the head unit plug and it's not programming... It says the gray/red wire is not connected but it's clearly in the harness, the other wires don't come up when trouble shooting. I don't know what to do...I'm afraid if I tap right into the factory wires it still won't program.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:20 PM
I even tapped into the wires and it's still not programming!!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea anyone know what to do after u install it for the first time to detect ur car? i cut the harness and soldered the aswc into the wires correctly. do u click the volume control or press the reset button or what?

The following users liked this post:
LMG_35C (09-18-2013)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Metra AXXESS ASWC install issues