Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Which type/brand of gauges (52mm) should I buy ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which type/brand of gauges (52mm) should I buy ??

so .. I've done a LOT of reading on this topic and I've noticed that there are a LOT of people with personal preferences so I thought I'd come here and get a feel for what THIS community things .. basically, I'm looking to get oil pressure, oil temp and volt gauges for my 06 .. what I want to know is which gauge brand/type would be the best fit for my needs/wants .. I'm not into EXTREME accuracy as I'm not tuning and the gauges will mostly be for aesthetics BUT I'd like as much reliability as possible for the price .. I don't want to spend more than $100 per gauge since, for me, that cost outweighs the usage .. I really had my heart set on the Prosport gauges but a lot of sites are bashing their reliability .. as far as looks go, I'd like them to light up white/amber to match the OEM with, preferably, the same general look of the Prosports .. I've looked at the Defi, STRI, AEM, Autometer Nexus and a few others but what I'd like to know is if Prosport gauges are worth even buying since they're so cheap and, if not, which brand won't kill my budget .. will they last or are they junk ?? thanks in advance

Old 03-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Autometer has many styles, prices.