Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Stock Alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 03:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock Alarm

So the other day my alarm went off, I panicked. I was unaware my car came with an alarm (second hand). But that is the only time it has ever happened... Is there some way to set the alarm. I don't have a manual for this car. I press and hold the lock button on the key fob and it just locks then beeps but when I open the door without unlocking it doesn't set off the alarm, just that one time it did.

Oh sorry, 03 g35 coupe manual.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The car came with a stock alarm. It is fairly limited in its operation, but it does work. The alarm arms by simply pressing the "LOCK" button (no need to hold). The alarm only has 4 triggers - the hood, the trunk, and both doors.

The key cylinder on the drivers side is an electromechancial switch. When you turn it to the lock or unlock position it sends the corresponding signal to the BCM telling the BCM to arm or disarm the alarm. Therefore, if you are using the key to unlock the door to open the door you are disarming the alarm in the process.

Try this instead - lower the windows. Lock the doors with the remote. Wait 30 seconds (or at least until the alarm LED on the dash starts to flash). Reach in through the open window and pop the trunk, the hood, or manually unlock the door and open it. Any of those should shut the alarm off.

Furthermore, if you hold down the "UNLOCK" button on the OEM remote for an extended period the windows will lower. You can't put them back up with the OEM remote (unless you buy a $50 aftermarket accessory)

Old 03-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
well if this is the stock alarm then i had the same issue.. check your door switch (the plunger looking thing) that tends to go bad, then unplug your hood sensor switch and see if it happens.. also make sure your door closes tightly and flush or else the alarm will go off when the weather gets hot and cold..

Old 03-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by KPierson_

Furthermore, if you hold down the "UNLOCK" button on the OEM remote for an extended period the windows will lower. You can't put them back up with the OEM remote (unless you buy a $50 aftermarket accessory)

Does this work on all models? Also, what's considered an 'extended' amount of time? I thought I had held my unlock button down long enough, apparently not.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DRKNYT
Does this work on all models? Also, what's considered an 'extended' amount of time? I thought I had held my unlock button down long enough, apparently not.
Yes, it works on all models. Within 5 seconds the windows should start to drop.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Interesting, I'll have to try the window and pop trunk thinger. Thanks