Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

03 bose hu plugs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 bose hu plugs

I have a jdm Nissan Stagea M35 down here in Australia. It appears to have the same bose hu and navi system as the 03 G35, and with the same quality issues as well. Mine has the typical fluctuating power symptoms and just this week the cd player decided to give up and make nasty mechanical noises (sounds like a stripped gear).

I want to get rid of the bose hu and put aftermarket in like so many of you guys have, using the jdm dual din ac controls and a pac roem nis2 kit.

The only worry have is that the wiring may be different and the kit may not work- certainly some of the wire colors are different.

Is anyone able to confirm the plugs on the back of the bose unit (mine also has a subwoofer). I have four rectangular sockets with only three plugs from the harness into them. As you look at the rear of the unit, the bottom right socket is unused. There is also a multiple pin round plug which connects just to the right of the antenna lead- I forgot to check but it probably has about 9 pins.

There are also plugs for the navi at the top, a/c controls on a flying lead and another smaller lead towards the top of the unit which I'm not too bothered with as they won't be affected when I take the bose hu out.

Is this similar to the g35 bose hu?

Next time I might take photos!

Old 03-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Here's the back of our headunit for you to compare:

My rudimentary search skills show this as the interior of a Stagea:

I can't find one with a factory double din like our cars. Maybe nobody's posted a picture of one.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:26 AM

Look familiar? Of course apart from the Japanese writing on the nav controls as this car is jdm only. Pretty poor photo of it below but it gives you an idea- not exactly a sleek sports car but a family wagon with a bit of go (206kw and 400nm torque)

Mine is the top spec with Bose stereo, tv, reverse cam and nav. The lower spec had a single din stereo and a bunch of gauges like your post above.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Yeah, looks like it's identical radio-wise. Give it a go with the same parts we use.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks, looks like I'll be giving it a go!

This is the rear of my unit just for reference: