Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help, ASAP. Frustration setting in.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Need help, ASAP. Frustration setting in.

I got a bunch of stuff to put in the G, got a great deal on it. I've installed countless systems, from high end, to basic, I don't consider myself an expert by any means, but at least a very capable DIY installer. Needless to say, the G has me beaten, battered, and bruised. I don't want to run new speaker wires, we are not talking high power setup, so I don't feel like drilling through the molex. I have tried going through the little grommet under the molex, and it's just as frustrating to me. I have found different PDF files that show the wiring diagram.

Driver door on the harness is Green/Silver and Red/Silver
Passenger door is Gray/Yellow

I got the headunit it, RCAs run, remote wire run, power wire run. Amp turns on. I used wire taps to tap into the blue plug on from where the bose amp used to be (gone now). When plugging into the gray and yellow wires and hooking them up to the amp, the passenger side works great. Nowhere near my dynaudio setup I had in the trailblazer, but definitely better than stock! Here's where the problem comes in. I did the SAME EXACT THING but with the green and red wires, and I get no sound. If i hook a wire up directly to the crossover, and the amp, it works. So, it's an issue with the factory wire. What the eff is the problem? can anybody think of anything? I DO not want to go through the molex but it appears that I might have to. Continuing to go soundless sucks

Old 06-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
nevermind i ran new wires. crisis solved.