Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Bose Head Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose Head Unit

I went through the process of removing the head unit from my non-NAV 2003 Sport Sedan to remove the CDs stuck in the unit. I was able to take apart the unit completely without losing any of the tiny screws, breaking any of the springs, nor tearing any of the ribbon cables and successfully removed the jammed CDs in the unit. Yes! After putting the head unit back together, re-attaching it to the factory trim pieces, and plugging in wire harness I noticed that I only have 3 of the 4 total plugs available to connect into the corresponding plug slots in the head unit. I never noticed this upon disassembly of the head unit. Is this standard? Anyway, I finish putting the car back together and now I am left without radio or AC controls. The AC blows hard and cool for this Texas heat, but I'd love to have control of everything again. So, I took the head unit back out and disassembled it to verify all connections were secure and everything checked out to be OK. However, upon reconnecting the head unit it still does not power on nor do I have AC/Heat controls. In the back of my mind, I think that the problem is because that 4th connector is missing. So, I looked at Wrathernaut's Double-din post and others to try and determine the amount of wire harness connectors were plugged into the factory head unit, but I never could see all the connectors. Finally, I noticed DOCRON1's 2004 INFINITY G35 COUPE ACC PDF sticky and 4 plugs are shown. Is this a difference between the 03 and 04? As stated earlier I don't have a NAV unit nor the SAT radio option and don't know why I'm missing the 4th plug.

Photo courtesy of DOCRON1's pdf.

Last edited by anthonymlehman; 06-12-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
It's probably the ribbon cable on the front-bottom-left of of the headunit that's come disconnected.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:27 AM
I thought that as well, however, I assured that the white ribbon cable was seated firmly in the plug. Can anyone provide some information about the plug I have highlighted in red? I don't have this plug in my harness.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
According to the service manual, that's the M90 connector for satellite radio.

Early '03s were not satellite-capable, so you've probably got one of those.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh OK. I believe my G is an early 2003 model so that makes sense. I recently purchased a JDM DD from Grubbs in anticipation of not being able to resolve the electrical issue, but it doesn't match the interior color of my G. It is more of silver in color and my interior is dark (Willow?). I was assured it would match by the Grubbs' rep. however, the cubby door would definitely stick out. Does anyone know if it can be paint matched because the Grubbs' rep. said they only have the one color and everyone who buys from them has not complained/voiced that it doesn't match.