Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

speaker connections for pioneer 3200 and PAC adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
speaker connections for pioneer 3200 and PAC adapter

2003 Sedan with Bose system. I am wiring the input cable for the PAC to the output connector for the Pioneer AVH-P3200BT. For the positive speaker connections, there are inputs on the PAC for both low level, and high level signals. I am presuming that the high level inputs are the correct ones, since the Pioneer outputs are designed to drive speakers, right?

Also, regarding the Pioneer parking brake wire (light green), can I / should I just connect to constant 12V?

Same question for the violet/white back up lamp connection...connect to 12V, or leave unconnected, or other?

Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ground the parking brake wire, I'm not sure what to do with the back up lamp wire.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by rbunch4468
2003 Sedan with Bose system. I am wiring the input cable for the PAC to the output connector for the Pioneer AVH-P3200BT. For the positive speaker connections, there are inputs on the PAC for both low level, and high level signals. I am presuming that the high level inputs are the correct ones, since the Pioneer outputs are designed to drive speakers, right?

Also, regarding the Pioneer parking brake wire (light green), can I / should I just connect to constant 12V?

Same question for the violet/white back up lamp connection...connect to 12V, or leave unconnected, or other?
Yeah, use the high levels with the PAC adapter, and I'd recommend attaching RCAs to the headunit and running them down the center console now so if/when you ever add an aftermarket amp, you won't have to remove the stereo again.

If you're looking for a parking brake bypass, you'll have to look elsewhere for instructions, that's not allowed to be discussed on this board.

Don't worry about the back up lamp connected unless you're attaching a reverse camera or the navigation add-on.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:50 PM
thanks for the connection tips...

new question...I've been looking at the sketches and schematics for connecting the Nav through the aftermarket radio. Looks straighforward enough...but it got me thinking. How does the factory radio broadcast the Nav voice directions in the scenario where you are using the Nav, but the radio is off? From the 'aftermarket' schematic, the voice is broadcast only if the radio is already turned on, right?

Old 06-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Factory Nav Aux Enable?

new question...I've been looking at the sketches and schematics for connecting the Nav through the aftermarket radio. Looks straighforward enough...but it got me thinking. How does the factory radio broadcast the Nav voice directions in the scenario where you are using the Nav, but the radio is off? From the 'aftermarket' schematic, the voice is broadcast only if the radio is already turned on, right?

Old 06-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
If you're looking at my wiring for it - yes the radio needs to be on, unless you do the relay so that it trips the amplifier remote power wire, or if you just put the amp so that it comes on whenever the car is on.

Originally Posted by rbunch4468

Old 06-18-2011, 07:16 AM
Thanks...I've decided to add the Nav voice connection at a later date. I'll collect the components, build the board, then schedule 'phase 2' of the project. I've got a couple of other little things that I'm research through the forum now...such as weak antenna signal and non-functional steering wheel controls. I'll loop back and check all of hte connections this morning...probably (hopefully) something easy.

I bought the 3200 BT Pioneer. I commute an hour each way in my job. I really like the phone BT connection! So far though audio on my end is awesome, some people have reported that the other end of the connection is a little scratcy. The G35 is a pretty quiet car. Seems like the far end audio quality should be pretty good too. Have others seen this?