Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Aftermarket Stereo, original speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _G35_
Yeah the usb is good as long as your files aren't compressed, normally they will be more than big enough. Take it from me that with the aftermarket radio it will sound better(louder and cleaner).
What do you mean by not compressed? Like FLAC audio files, or just larger bit rate mp3 files?

Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sound quality issue

his original question is what i have been wondering, you can replace factory but it will blow again in a year or so or 30 k, my car has had the campaign completed at the dealership in 03, it went again in 06 so i had a body shop replace the circuit board only instead of entire radio, that also worked for a while and now im back to square one. I had tore my dash apart and removed radio, tore that apart cleaned off the circuit board and resoldered a couple resistors, and it worked again for about a month and im back at square one againnnnnnn.......

but the only REAL permanent fix IS AFTERMARKET! SO with that said, there are certain 'inputs and outputs' the aftermarket receiver will need to function perfectly with the bose system and that is what I want to know! my dash kit is on its way and i havent gotten a receiver yet because imn getting mixed information. anyone WITH EXPERIENCE please tell me what receiver you purchased and if it still sounded as amazing as the factory system did when you were done.... thank you guysssssss <3

Old 03-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielleDiva
his original question is what i have been wondering, you can replace factory but it will blow again in a year or so or 30 k, my car has had the campaign completed at the dealership in 03, it went again in 06 so i had a body shop replace the circuit board only instead of entire radio, that also worked for a while and now im back to square one. I had tore my dash apart and removed radio, tore that apart cleaned off the circuit board and resoldered a couple resistors, and it worked again for about a month and im back at square one againnnnnnn.......

but the only REAL permanent fix IS AFTERMARKET! SO with that said, there are certain 'inputs and outputs' the aftermarket receiver will need to function perfectly with the bose system and that is what I want to know! my dash kit is on its way and i havent gotten a receiver yet because imn getting mixed information. anyone WITH EXPERIENCE please tell me what receiver you purchased and if it still sounded as amazing as the factory system did when you were done.... thank you guysssssss <3
There's nothing special with inputs/outputs on the new headunit to look for, just use the ~$40 PAC ROEM-NIS2 adapter in place of a standard harness so that the bose amp will continue to function as usual. (or replace the amp and speakers and use the standard harness for ~$10.)

As far as sounding amazing... the bose system certainly never has sounded amazing, it's crap. If you want to throw down a couple more bones and get a replacement amp and speakers, you'll have amazing for about $260 or so over what you're already spending on the aftermarket headunit.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
With a good aftermarket headunit and not sending trying to "bump" with your door speakers the stock bose ones are actually really clean and can get loud. I know because I have had this setup for two years now and they did get louder when I ran speaker wire straight from the head unit to the door speakers to skip over the stock amps when it went bad about a year ago.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by _G35_
With a good aftermarket headunit and not sending trying to "bump" with your door speakers the stock bose ones are actually really clean and can get loud. I know because I have had this setup for two years now and they did get louder when I ran speaker wire straight from the head unit to the door speakers to skip over the stock amps when it went bad about a year ago.
Having two sedans, one with bose and one without (both systems replaced now), I can say definitively that the non-bose system sounds better. The bose speakers themselves aren't terrible, but aren't nearly as good as the the Panasonic (non-bose) speakers.

Panasonic on the left, bose on the right: