Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bose problem (not left-speakers-out-while-CD-playing issue)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Bose problem (not left-speakers-out-while-CD-playing issue)

My RIGHT front speakers have started going out occasionally, usually when I hit a bump or something. They're out for all input sources (radio/CD/Tape, nothing connected to SAT yet). A little whack on the left side of the head unit makes them come back on.

It's obviously a problem with the head unit or loose wiring. The problem is that the nearest Infiniti dealer is 75 miles away, and of course they say that they'll want me to duplicate the problem for them, or they won't touch the car.

I guess I'm just venting a little, but also hoping for any advice on how to handle this? I don't want to waste a day and put 150 miles on my G driving down to the dealer, only to not be able to make it happen...then if it does happen, they'll order a new HU, and I'll have to waste another day later to drive it back down for the install, blah blah blah...then I can see it happening again because the problem was actually wiring, so repeat process 200 times while they try to duplicate/fix this intermittent problem.

I'm toying with the idea of a 2DIN conversion to just get rid of the stock unit, but I just don't want to get so radically non-stock so early in the warranty period, ya know?

If anybody has done the 2DIN, and has their old stock HU laying around, it would be cool to borrow it, install the beyotch myself and see if that fixes it...so I at least have a head start diagnosing the issue for the dealer. I'd be willing to toss some $$ your way for the "Rental" of your unit if you're up for that.

Thanks for listening to me vent, I feel better already (but won't again the next time my speakers go out...farking crappy stock stereo.)

Old 12-15-2004, 03:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem as well as my other friends. The headunit is faulty if you go to your dealer they will change it for you, I haven't had a problem since.