Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Where to repair the OEM radio/CD + warranty = $150

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to repair the OEM radio/CD + warranty = $150

I'm very happy with this guy's work. He is very knowledgeable and is obvious he know's what he's doing.

He is fixing all the well know OEM audio head unit issues for $150 flat rate, regardless of which problem you have:
1 - CD Err F0 message.
2 - CD click noise while start the car every time.
3 - No power on radio, no screen display.
4 - All buttons don't works, but can control the radio on steering wheel.
5 - A/C control buttons don't work, AC temperature stuck at 75 degree.
6 - Discharge the battery.

What I like the most is that the guy replaced parts & fixed all the other problems that the OEM unit is known for; he didn't just fixed the one problem I had right now. I liked that!
He told me that with all those faulty parts replaced, the OEM unit should be problem free from now on.

If you live in the area you can make an appointment & go there - they will take out the head unit out, repair it & install it back on.
Or, you can just take the radio out yourself, ship it to him, he will repair it & send it back to you with 3 months warranty. You will save $40 but you will spend on shipping and do all the removal work.
$150 - repair of the head unit w/ 3 months warranty
$40 - (optional) removal & installation

My 2003 G35 coupe had the 4th issue: all center console buttons inoperative, temperature stuck, etc.
He took the dashboard apart, removed the head unit & fix it, test & retest, then put back everything in less than an hour. I asked him how can he be so fast and he admitted that he did quite a lot of G35's.
He's work is very clean, he hasn't chipped any plastic, missed a clip, nothing is misaligned or unplugged. Great job.
Here is my car waiting for the unit to be repaired:

Where to repair the OEM radio/CD + warranty = 0-s01tc.jpg

Where to repair the OEM radio/CD + warranty = 0-br5zw.jpg

Everything works fine now, he gave me 3 months warranty. He mentioned that even after 3 months if something is wrong he will fix it for free or for a very small charge.

Here is the contact info:

John - (626)757-0465
XW Electronic Company
3608 Arden Dr. Suite J
El Monte, CA 91731

Hope this info will help someone who doesn't want to spend $$ on double DIN after market, face plate, etc & keep the OEM look.

Cheers,
razteo

Last edited by razteo; 02-07-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:10 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Many of the problems with these units stem from failure of the power supply circuit, which causes damage to the circuit boards or just stops supplying power to the unit, but mechanical and read failures aren't, so I can't really see any common fix for those that also helps with #1 or #2.

And I've said it before, but I'll repeat it here:
You can get a cheap aftermarket headunit (about $50-60) and the metra trim from crutchfield, who include the antenna and wiring adapters and install it yourself and only be out $150, and you're guaranteed to not have any problems with the factory unit to deal with, aside from what blunt object you want to hit it with first. Since virtually every headunit (even the cheap ones) has an AUX input these days, you'll at very least gain the ability to hook your iPod or whatever else you want as well.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I wanted to add that I used XW Electronic Company services and I am very happy with the results. Since the time I read this thread and when my radio and a/c went out XW now sells there services on eBay for $170 shipping included. Here is a link http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-BO...204b6c&vxp=mtr I had sent my radio out on a Friday and had it back the following Wednesday, and installed that weekend. If you are looking to keep the stock look and are not in the L.A. area this is the way to go.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:09 AM
Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts
May look into this. Would love to have my CD player back..

Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
a bit surprisingly anyone would want to keep or fix the oem radio. theres really nothing special about it....and it plays cds for crying out loud lol

Old 08-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Another good service for CD changer repair is on Ebay. It's weird to buy a repair at auction, but it worked great for me (and service, shipping was very fast).

http://www.ebay.com/sch/jccl8/m.html...&_trksid=p3686

Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In thinking of doing this. I have every problem listed except for the battery drain. I looked into the double din set up, but to do it right and not look like you got some cd player from the 90s in there you got to spend like $500.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
does he only work on 03-04? mine is an 05 and my changer doesnt work or the seek button. radio and other buttons

Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great find

I found this thread at 1:30 today, called John up, drove to El Monte (from Beverly Hills, the only hard part) and he fixed it in less than an hour. He only charged me $160 because I already had the radio out. He asked me to wait outside his shop for 20 minutes, apparently swapped some parts, got my CD out, gave it back to me, and installed the fixed unit.

I've been going without a CD player for several years, planning to replace the radio with a more modern unit. The A/C controller was off and on and I finally was unable to bring it to life by hitting it. I wish I'd done this years ago, but didn't realize it would be so easy and cheap.