Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Bose System Won't Play CD-Rs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 02:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 Bose System Won't Play CD-Rs

I searched and couldn't find much info on this...

Does anyone have problems with playing CD-Rs on 03/04 Bose system? Mine just won't play some burned CDs and makes a lot of noise when it does play CD-Rs... With the CD-Rs it won't play, it play up to first few tracks and then just blanks out... Weird. Another weird thing is the I only use one brand of CD-Rs burned with same burner and it plays some CDs without problem(but still with lots of noise) and won't play some of them...

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an 03 G35 Coupe Auto and so far have not had any problems with playing CD-R's. Maybe it is your HU.

Les

Old 01-03-2005, 11:13 AM
I haven't had any problems with my burned CDs. I use Imation CDs and have used a couple of different programs to burn the CDs.

If you can tell me what kind of CD and program you use I mith be able to try it out in my car.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:23 PM
I use Nero. I haven't had any problems with any other cars using this program... Thanks for your help.

Old 02-13-2005, 05:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I just burned a CD and it wouldn't work in my coupe! I used an Imation CD on Nero. It plays in my fairly old home CD player and my newer home DVD player. WTF?

I will try another burning program. Maybe the CD-TEXT is f*ing things up? How annoying though.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:54 AM
the infiniti dealership where i got my car said that you cant play cd-rs on the stock headunit but i used nero and a quality cd and it worked on mine

Old 02-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Sneaker Whore
Its probably the cds that you use. I have a 03 stock bose unit in my g and it plays the cdr fine. Try using a diffrent brand cdr.

Trending Topics

Old 02-13-2005, 08:12 PM
I use Roxio and have no problems playing cd's.

Old 02-14-2005, 11:21 AM
As a word of advice, try burning on CD-R's which are made in Japan. I have heard they are more compatible with our HU's? Either way the burn quality is a lot better. Almost all the ones made in Japan are by TY (Taiyo Yuden). Hope that helps.

Old 02-14-2005, 05:55 PM
I dunno if it's related but...
when I picked up my 05 coupe, they told me not to use bulk/oem, cheap CDR media. Something about the disc being too thick or too thin or not uniform. They said to use only retail brand name media or...it could get stuck in the CD player. I just tested it's MP3 functions today using TDK media and it works fine for me.

Old 02-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Don't use cheap discs that have patterns or extensive non-opaque coloration on them. The less lines, words, colors, etc. on the top, the easier it is for it to be read.

I'm fairly certain the reason it won't play is your media. I've used black CD-Rs and have never had a problem, then switched to some cheaper ones and it stopped working. Switched to a medium brand (TDK Silver), and I've never had a problem. $5 for 50 two weeks ago at BB. They misprinted a sale and had to honor it

G

Old 02-15-2005, 04:34 PM
I use Sony CD-R's. After some bad experiences just trying to even burn onto cheaper brand CD's, I am sticking with a name brand. Even TDK's I used were crap(of 50 CD's in a spindle 20 were bad before a burn started). Mine work fine with my 04 coupe. Though on a loaner Sedan, it wouldn't read my burned CD.

Old 02-16-2005, 02:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I just got a new computer w/ a DVD/CD burner and the disc that wouldn't work in the G was the first disc I've burned on it.

I've burned lots of CD's that work on my old computer. Same discs, same Nero. the only 3 diff's are the drive, the burn speed and I used CD-TEXT. I'm going to burn one w/out CD-TEXT to see if that changes things. Can our cars even read CD-TEXT? The CD works on every other player, so it's not corrupt.

Seriously, car mfgr's really have their heads up their @sses when it comes to putting nice stock stereos that actually work. And every car needs a 1/8" AUX input for portable devices!

Old 02-16-2005, 10:30 AM
I haven't had a problem with any of my burned CD-R disc's from 3 different computers and burners. Now I have had a problem with CD-RW disc's. My Alpine, in my other car, will play both, but the G35 will not play CD-RW's. It is a little thicker disc than a standard CD-R. Make sure you finalize the session on the end of the burn or the player will not read the disc.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Make sure you didn't make mp3 disk because of course bose won't play mp3 disc. Try to use nero tomake a audio disk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 03 Bose System Won't Play CD-Rs