Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio Installation Process Confirmation / Amp Mounting Location?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio Installation Process Confirmation / Amp Mounting Location?

2008 G35x Sedan...I want to upgrade the following...

1. Replace the stock bose amplifier with a 5 channel aftermarket amplifier (not too large - within the range of 50x4 / 150x1)
2. Replace the stock front speakers with an aftermarket 6.5" component set and stock rear speakers with an aftermarket 6.5" coaxial set
3. Replace the stock 8" bose subwoofer with an aftermarket 8" free-air subwoofer
......I understand that a boxed sub will sound much better but... -
......I am not willing to part with the trunk space and I am looking for better sound than stock

Am I missing any steps in the installation process below...also...I am unsure of step 3...is there enough space to fit an aftermarket amp in the location of the stock bose amp...

1. Replace front and rear speakers...utilize stock wiring from amp to speakers (modding may be necessary for spacers / tweeters / crossover location)
2. Feed the amp's power wire through the rubber grommet within the firewall...under the carpetting...down the passenger side of the car and into the trunk through the rear seat
3. Mount the aftermarket amplifier in the same location as the current stock bose amplifier (???)
4. Connect the stock bose amplifier's input to an LOC
5. Connect the RCA output of the LOC into the RCA input of the aftermarket amplifier
6. Transfer the stock bose amplifier's speaker outputs to the aftermarket amplifier speaker outputs

Thanks...

Last edited by cnp112; 02-15-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: easier to read / clarity
Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 AM
wondering if anyone can confirm the above steps...also...wondering how much space is available to mount an amp in the same location as the stock bose amp...

it seems there is more instructional material for the 350z...a lot more detailed "how to's"...when i upgraded the system in my z...there was more information than I knew what to do with...and people were very willing to help...

or is it because i am looking for help for a g sedan and not a g coupe...just curious...

Old 02-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
You're in the wrong forum. Take the question over to the V36 for support on the 08+ models.
https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-aud...ectronics-375/

However, general audio advice:
Only replace the front speakers, don't put anything in the rear. You'll get much better sound quality with a simple 2-speaker setup, and you won't be dividing the small amount of power you're wanting to work with.

Not certain on 07+ sedans, but the 03-06 bose amplifier is TINY, but you can probably get a small "full-range" d-class amp with the power you want to fit there with a little custom mounting.

If you get an amp that supports differential-balanced input (JL Audio does on all their units) you won't need a LOC.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:03 AM
the wrong forum... that certainly explains it... thanks for pointing me in the right direction... also thanks for the advice on installation... I read about the balanced differential setup of the g... but I might end up going with a infinity amp... not sure if they accept balanced differential... I will re post in the right section though... thanks once again...