Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Smart key issues coupe 07

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart key issues coupe 07

need help guys i had my ride painted when i got it back the car had issues. Number one the car wouldnt lock with the smart key or have any funsions with the bottons. The only thing it does unlock if you press it from the car door button and start the car if i have the remote next to you another thing that happened is my sunroof is not working, it just makes a shaking noise but b4 that i did find a flyer that i had inside the car some how ended up inside the sunroof and i manage to get most of it out. Oh almost forgot when it got painted the battery was disconnected for 3 days it died when i got it back so i bought a new one.My car alarm its pretty beat up and its even missing one button and i just got the used one from this website that i havent program yet. This alarm the old one also does something really strange and i shake it the windows from my g go down on their own lol didnt even know u can do lol so i know this is gonna cost me money and thats what im worring about .i took it to nissan dealership they said they couldnt do the programing hoping it would cheaper so as of now my only option here in southern california its infinity dealership. This one place that does electronics said they would charge 70 to check with their computer and 80 to program the control , what do you guys think? need advice guys badly has anyone deal with this before?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smart key answer

well no one answer but for those who may wonder i was able to figure it out. I took it to the dealership. I bought an used smart key online and i got the new one programmed. They said the other was beat up and since it was missing the unlock botton the part that was left inside was pushed inside the smart key kept communicating with the car and lowering the windows. So pretty much it was the old smart key was pretty bad and i got charge 128 to get the new one programmed but nissan charges 115.