Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace OEM Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replace OEM Radio

Considering Stereo repair in CA
Hey,
I'm posting due to lack of results searching for a used replacement OEM Bose stereo for my '03 sedan. The usual long-term illness knocked it out, Cd err, no tape, no radio, no screen, complete death, AKA taking down the climate control with it. LOL.
Anyway, seriously thinking about doing this ( Link below). If anyway has an idea if it's a good idea-or bad, please let me know. Considering the stereo issues on this car, odds are somebody has experience shipping a radio to LA and hoping it works when it comes back. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-BO...204b6c&vxp=mtr

wilracer07@yahoo.com

Old 03-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Don't bother buying a used replacement OEM Bose Stereo. Those are complete crap and never last that long. I had to replace mine a awhile because of the issues that you listed.

The Ebay link doesn't work though btw.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Just tried to look it up myself. WTF. Does this answer my question? I Want to keep my stock stereo and this limits my options even further. Damn. 250 for a fake looking console, THEN,start buying a stereo. What I was trying avoid.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:25 PM
that was a "mail me your radio, I'll fix it and send it back".service. after payment made of course.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:03 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
I've said this a dozen times now, but any money to fix or maintain the factory radio in any way is money thrown away, since there's several common problems (some related, some not) with the factory radios, and they don't make new ones anymore - meaning, buying one with one of the problems fixed doesn't make it any less likely to exhibit the other failures.

So yeah, you bought an entry-level LUXURY CAR. Any amount of research would have told you that the radios crap out often, and you should have planned on replacing it.
What part of (entry-level) luxury made you think parts would be cheap? Either accept that you bought the car for being a good RWD semi-sporty, semi-luxury car that you want to keep looking as good as you bought it for and cough up the money to keep it like that, or accept that you bought it because it was relatively cheap and is going to now be treated as such with a cheap radio trim with a cheap radio in it. If you can afford neither of these options, you have purchased the wrong car.

If you need to know what you need to put an aftermarket radio in properly, or at least talk intelligently with an audio shop about doing the same, check out my post on doing just that:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

For a single-din headunit and metra kit, installed yourself, you can replace it for under $150, or you can go all the way to a JDM kit and flagship unit and spend nearly $2k doing it. Wherever your budget lies inbetween there, there's an option.

The following users liked this post:
heftylefty58 (11-13-2013)