Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

AVH P4400BH question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well... when it comes to electrical things im about as useful as a barrel of monkeys...
Honestly, I need to know how to hook it up, and how to hook up all the other things you gotta buy (bypass and things like that) also would be cool if the steering wheel controls still worked and I dont f*ck everything all up

Old 04-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Ok. Have you read Wrathernaut's DD Shopping and Resource List yet? Start there and you should be able to narrow it down a bit.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Yea i have, still dont know exactly how to do it though... i guess im just wondering if anyone hase a detailed step by step way of how to do it. I dont wanna screw anything up. The only wiring i ever done was in high school to my ford ranger pos... the cd player worked, but it was pretty ghetto... i want it to look and work good

Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 PM
I just read your other post, I can see my response will not do. I think I remember you saying you have an 03, but your garage is empty so I'm not sure...

Watch this video to learn how to remove your HU.

As far as wiring goes, Wrathernaut's list contains links that show you how to wire the Metra ASWC and the PAC-ROEM that you'll be using (the latter only if you intend to keep your factory amp).

The rest of the wiring is done by matching and connecting lines to the power harness in accordance with your instruction manual, and then just a matter of plugging it in.

Last thing I'd say is that if you're out of your comfort zone with this you are going to need to
- set aside some time to do your research before starting
- allot a good 2 days to install if you've never done anything like this before

Old 04-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aptony
Yea i have, still dont know exactly how to do it though... i guess im just wondering if anyone hase a detailed step by step way of how to do it. I dont wanna screw anything up. The only wiring i ever done was in high school to my ford ranger pos... the cd player worked, but it was pretty ghetto... i want it to look and work good
Where in FL are you Tony? I dont mind giving you a hand with the HU install

Old 04-28-2012, 04:19 AM
I just had a shop install this deck in my 04 coupe and they don't know how to make it use the subwoofer! I don't know either, but i'm not into the stereo business. Can anybody help?

Old 04-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Can you be a little more specific? What else is in your car, stock, etc.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:59 PM
So far as audio goes everything is stock. I just had him install the AVH P4400BH pioneer deck into my car.he installed an in dash antenna and it is worse off than before.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:09 PM
To maintain use of the factory stereo after installing an aftermarket HU they should have installed a PAC-ROEM. It's possible they didn't install it, or that they did but miswired something.

As far as the in-dash antenna, are you referring to a satellite radio antenna? If not and you're referring to having poor FM reception, this would be due to the shop failing to connect the "remote antenna" line to a 12+ power source.

I'd say you're in a tough spot since you've accepted your vehicle back from the shop. I'd call them and let them know you'd like them to have a look at it. If they can't fix it, take it to another shop and tell them the story.

Or you could read up on the info in this forum and have a look for yourself; you might be happy you did.

Last edited by Top Teke; 04-29-2012 at 01:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Normally I would be researching all over the place and have it all figured out before I start. Ive done a few things here and there. Im in the Army and I have just been extremely busy lately and havent had very much time on my hands so I been kinda doing things here and there as i go along... just put on a k2 bumper and z tube with the stillen filter.... this is next and I know its gonna be a pain...

Man I would love it if you could help, but Im stationed in Alabama... Im from naples though...

Old 04-29-2012, 01:52 AM
It's probably going to take a while then. Hope you got internet in your garage..

Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Top Teke
To maintain use of the factory stereo after installing an aftermarket HU they should have installed a PAC-ROEM. It's possible they didn't install it, or that they did but miswired something.

As far as the in-dash antenna, are you referring to a satellite radio antenna? If not and you're referring to having poor FM reception, this would be due to the shop failing to connect the "remote antenna" line to a 12+ power source.

I'd say you're in a tough spot since you've accepted your vehicle back from the shop. I'd call them and let them know you'd like them to have a look at it. If they can't fix it, take it to another shop and tell them the story.

Or you could read up on the info in this forum and have a look for yourself; you might be happy you did.
Well I went back the next day and got him to give me my money back. I got all if it back except the mantra harness. I had to keep that. What a hack job. Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Good for you, too bad you had such a disappointing experience. Sounds like yet were at least up front about it though. Did they elaborate for you at all?

Old 04-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Top Teke
Good for you, too bad you had such a disappointing experience. Sounds like yet were at least up front about it though. Did they elaborate for you at all?
Nah dude was trying to make excuses and not take blame for things. The compartment that opens at the top by the clock was not even screwed in properly. It was a hack job all the way around. He told me that the car didn't have all it's screws in it. Lmfao. I told him to put some in!

Old 04-30-2012, 04:15 PM
What a dick. Where is this place so nobody goes back?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AVH P4400BH question