Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Stereo Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2012 | 12:55 AM
|
Stereo Issues

Hey guys, fairly new to the forum. I apologize if this issue has already been brought up, I did search a few basic keywords and didn't really find anything to help me.

I have a 03 G with the stock premium Bose sound system, the stereo keeps cutting out. I know that these are notorious for problems with audio, but there are a few items that strike me as weird.

Music randomly comes back on and will play and then it will randomly either cut out or only play out of 1 or 2 speakers. Also, the volume does not change when the music does come in. The LED display shows that I am changing the volume from say (for example) 10 to 20 and the sound continues to play at the same level.

The entire LED display works fine, all the controls work (including the steering wheel). I have seen a few videos on how to take the cd player out to check the connections.. but I'm hoping I won't have to go that far. Does this sound like a problem with the amp?

Any advice would be HUGE . Thanks!

Old 06-20-2012 | 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by a_t7
Hey guys, fairly new to the forum. I apologize if this issue has already been brought up, I did search a few basic keywords and didn't really find anything to help me.

I have a 03 G with the stock premium Bose sound system, the stereo keeps cutting out. I know that these are notorious for problems with audio, but there are a few items that strike me as weird.

Music randomly comes back on and will play and then it will randomly either cut out or only play out of 1 or 2 speakers. Also, the volume does not change when the music does come in. The LED display shows that I am changing the volume from say (for example) 10 to 20 and the sound continues to play at the same level.

The entire LED display works fine, all the controls work (including the steering wheel). I have seen a few videos on how to take the cd player out to check the connections.. but I'm hoping I won't have to go that far. Does this sound like a problem with the amp?

Any advice would be HUGE . Thanks!
Mine does the exact same thing, I just ordered a new head unit hoping that will fix it. I dont think its the amp because I can hit the head unit and it will start working... totally ghetto, but seems to temporally fix it.... lol

Old 06-20-2012 | 01:14 AM
|
Originally Posted by Splitnail
Mine does the exact same thing, I just ordered a new head unit hoping that will fix it. I dont think its the amp because I can hit the head unit and it will start working... totally ghetto, but seems to temporally fix it.... lol
Please let me know if replacing the head unit fixes the problem. Also where did you get the replacement from & how much? (just pm me)

Thanks!

Old 06-20-2012 | 01:26 AM
PM Sent!