Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a way to connect the iphone 5 USB cord into the stock bose HD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 12:10 AM
RCL
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
How much is it in gas to go round-trip to Savannah $60-80? I'm free on weekends and only expect you to lend a hand and maybe pick up lunch.
Gotcha, I didnt realize you were local to ga! I'd definitely be down to go down there sometime, but I typically work weekends so that would be a challenge. I appreciate the offer but Ill probably have a local place do it(although I hate the idea of taking my car to a shop) because my work schedule has 0 flexibility in it right now. lol Im busy 7 days a week.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by RCL
Gotcha, I didnt realize you were local to ga! I'd definitely be down to go down there sometime, but I typically work weekends so that would be a challenge. I appreciate the offer but Ill probably have a local place do it(although I hate the idea of taking my car to a shop) because my work schedule has 0 flexibility in it right now. lol Im busy 7 days a week.
If there's a time that you can make the trip, pm me, I'll see if i'm available.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Illuminati
^100% correct that would work but does not transfer video which doesn't matter with the stock HU anyways.
getting this old thread alive.

A question why won't it transfer video??? Why? I was trying to use iP5 in my 07 G35 sedan through the AUX cables i got in my center console for the stock Screen, I did use this iP4 to iP5 adopter, but it only played the audio and no video, but why??? iPhone 4 played without the problem??? is it that adopter that won't transfer the video or what????

Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Shurik355
getting this old thread alive.

A question why won't it transfer video??? Why? I was trying to use iP5 in my 07 G35 sedan through the AUX cables i got in my center console for the stock Screen, I did use this iP4 to iP5 adopter, but it only played the audio and no video, but why??? iPhone 4 played without the problem??? is it that adopter that won't transfer the video or what????
Because the lightning connector that APPLE changed to doesn't send the analog video signal that older products were able to, since the old 30-pin connector had plenty of space for different types of signals. Unless you spend $$$ on something that converts iAppleVideoMiniDViCloudMe to something that's a real video standard, you can't use it for anything but connecting with whatever the Fruit Basket decides should work with their latest proprietary hardware.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Not sure if this has been definitively answered but wanted to close this thread with a final answer. It will work with the iphone 5, but you need to get the lightning to 30 adapter as the new iphone 5 has the new lightning port which is what Wrathernaut said. I just want to be clear that IT WILL WORK!

Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by SergeantRed
Not sure if this has been definitively answered but wanted to close this thread with a final answer. It will work with the iphone 5, but you need to get the lightning to 30 adapter as the new iphone 5 has the new lightning port which is what Wrathernaut said. I just want to be clear that IT WILL WORK!
what??? No I have iPhone5 and the lightning adopter and the lightning does not support video, only audio, so it's won't work actually. I don't know what you meant.

Im trying to get 3-RCA to HDMI cable and then buy one of those lightning to HDMI connectors. That should work I would think.

^^^ Than I should be able to use my iPhone5 on my stock screen in my 08 G sedan.

Last edited by Shurik355; 05-10-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
That would look nice but I'll do more research as I've found iPhone 5 working with the previous setup.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

what??? No I have iPhone5 and the lightning adopter and the lightning does not support video, only audio, so it's won't work actually. I don't know what you meant.

Im trying to get 3-RCA to HDMI cable and then buy one of those lightning to HDMI connectors. That should work I would think.

^^^ Than I should be able to use my iPhone5 on my stock screen in my 08 G sedan.
Yeah, so you're going to iP5 -> lightning-to-HDMI adapter ($50) -> HDMI to composite adapter ($30) -> G35. Are you really that desperate to watch movies on a low-resolution 7" screen while driving? I'm pretty sure the effective viewing size of the screen is bigger if you just hold the iP5 in your lap.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Yeah, so you're going to iP5 -> lightning-to-HDMI adapter ($50) -> HDMI to composite adapter ($30) -> G35. Are you really that desperate to watch movies on a low-resolution 7" screen while driving? I'm pretty sure the effective viewing size of the screen is bigger if you just hold the iP5 in your lap.
hahaha you kidding me right??? iphone5 is way smaller then the screen, and speakers don't even compare lol. It's not just movies, it's the whole iphone interaction on the screen. And not just you can watch it's the passangers to the right of you and behind.

And the whole thing is gonna cost me $35 dollars.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

hahaha you kidding me right??? iphone5 is way smaller then the screen, and speakers don't even compare lol. It's not just movies, it's the whole iphone interaction on the screen. And not just you can watch it's the passangers to the right of you and behind.

And the whole thing is gonna cost me $35 dollars.
Yeah, it's smaller, but a 4.5" screen 1.5 feet from your face takes up more of your field of vision than a 7" screen that's 3 feet from your face. Also keep in mind that if there's movies playing on that screen while you drive, it's illegal in 50 out of 50 states.

I am a bit interested in how you'll go from lightning to composite for $35.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah, it's smaller, but a 4.5" screen 1.5 feet from your face takes up more of your field of vision than a 7" screen that's 3 feet from your face. Also keep in mind that if there's movies playing on that screen while you drive, it's illegal in 50 out of 50 states.

I am a bit interested in how you'll go from lightning to composite for $35.
yeahhh I know its illegal, just like not having front plates here, or having too dark of a tint, you know. I always had my screen interact with me even before they illegalized all this, back in my 02 Maxima with the Pioneer Avic N1 screen when it was legal.

Well I found one lightning to HDMI refurbrished for $28 shipped on Amazon and the 3-RCA to HDMI which is only 3 ft cost like $3-5. So there we go.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure you use an OEM apple part as the lightning adapter. The non apple ones don't transmit sound only power.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by tstrayer
Make sure you use an OEM apple part as the lightning adapter. The non apple ones don't transmit sound only power.
Yes, noted. It is the OEM apple part.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any luck with with the lightning-->HDMI-->RCA? Did it work? I'm looking around for a touch screen and am having trouble finding anything that will let me interface my iphone5. Not for the video so much, but for dash command and NAV(maybe a little Top Gear on long trips).

I just saw Pioneer is releasing the AppRadio 3 that will be able to get apps/video from an i5 through bluetooth, but thats not coming out for a few months. I just got myself an 05 g sedan this week. I'm really chomping at the bit to get the stock speakers/headunit outta there, and start the transformation from G sedan to G-mancave!

Old 06-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by chibbs46
I just saw Pioneer is releasing the AppRadio 3 that will be able to get apps/video from an i5 through bluetooth, but thats not coming out for a few months. I just got myself an 05 g sedan this week. I'm really chomping at the bit to get the stock speakers/headunit outta there, and start the transformation from G sedan to G-mancave!
There is no video over bluetooth with that unit, just audio. To get video and control it must be plugged in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is there a way to connect the iphone 5 USB cord into the stock bose HD?