Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Infinity Kappas worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infinity Kappas worth it?

To start with, I have an '06 6MT with Nav and the Bose system. I replaced the stock amp with an alpine MRX-V60 (4x50W, 1x200W), the deck with a Pioneer Appradio2, and added a JL Audio stealthbox.My intention was to replace the separates in the doors and the bose 6x9s with infinity kappas, ignoring the 5 1/4s in the back and using the 6x9's as mid and high for the rear since the stealthbox will be replacing the bose woofers for low end. The deck, amp, and sub went in first, and I connected the stock bose speakers to the new amp and wow, what an improvement.

My question at this point is, I am sitting on like $600.00 worth of speakers yet to install, but the system sounds pretty solid to me as is. How much of an improvement do you think the kappas would make? If it would be a huge improvement then I'll absolutely put them in. But if they would just be a minor upgrade, I'd rather just take them back and keep the $600.00 and the nightmare that i know installing the 6x9's will become. Do you think the Infinity's will be that big an improvement over the Bose speakers, bearing in mind they're being run by a much better amp now?

( PS. for anyone asking for opinions on the JL stealthboxes, I recommend them wholeheartedly. I read a few reviews from people here that said they were weak but if your goal is to actually listen to your stereo inside your car, they are more than adequate. If your goal is to cause heart arrythmea in a passenger, or to be heard from all corners of your neighborhood like an ice cream truck, then its probably not going to do the job.)