Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Aftermarket 6 disc changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket 6 disc changer

So I am struggling and need help/advice.

I have combed the search on G35Driver and google and still can’t find an exact answer.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket headunit 6 disc changer into their early model G35? And if so which brand and model. I would really prefer CD’s in my car as opposed to using an iPod or having the disc changer in the glove department or trunk of my vehicle.

Few years ago, I had a problem with my headunit when the HVAC controls crapped out and through this forum I found a guy in Los Angeles who could fix it, but now I am getting CD errors and only 3 of my 6 CD slots work in my Bose factory stereo system.

Its time for an aftermarket CD player but I would love to keep the in-dash 6 disc CD player option. I’m ol skool and prefer CD’s since they are easier to keep track of for me. I still DJ with actual vinyl so that’s just testament that I prefer a different format when it comes to music.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by eleeksta
So I am struggling and need help/advice.

I have combed the search on G35Driver and google and still can’t find an exact answer.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket headunit 6 disc changer into their early model G35? And if so which brand and model. I would really prefer CD’s in my car as opposed to using an iPod or having the disc changer in the glove department or trunk of my vehicle.

Few years ago, I had a problem with my headunit when the HVAC controls crapped out and through this forum I found a guy in Los Angeles who could fix it, but now I am getting CD errors and only 3 of my 6 CD slots work in my Bose factory stereo system.

Its time for an aftermarket CD player but I would love to keep the in-dash 6 disc CD player option. I’m ol skool and prefer CD’s since they are easier to keep track of for me. I still DJ with actual vinyl so that’s just testament that I prefer a different format when it comes to music.
Any aftermarket headunit install would be about the same, the hard part is finding any company that still produces an obsolete product like that. Something mechanical and prone to failure, combined with the horribly limited storage when compared to an iPod means they're really hard to justify. Get a player capable of playing lossess FLAC files if you're concerned about sound quality, otherwise, don't fight an obviously superior solution of an aftermarket headunit + iPod.