Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

04 Coupe - Bluetooth Adaptor - Satellite Function

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
04 Coupe - Bluetooth Adaptor - Satellite Function

I have an 04 coupe & one thing that has always bugged me is radio radio setup/headunit. Ultimately id love to go DD with a nice flat screen/touch display unit but its at the back of my list.

With that being said I was wondering if there was any sort of Bluetooth adapter that could be installed perhaps to the satellite junction box in the trunk to provide a Bluetooth connection using the satellite function? This would enable me to use my iphone for music without using an FM transmitter or having a mess of wires in the driver council.

Now i know there is a adapter that can be purchased and installed at the satellite junction box in the trunk however that is to plug directly into an ipod which for me would be more of a pita as i wouldn't want to constantly take it in or out and Id imagine you would lose alot of the functionality. If however there was a Bluetooth adaptor that could be hardwired at this same junction it would be easy to install, easy to use and readily available to work with my phone.

Has anyone done this, does this exist or is this all a fairy tale?

I know I could most likely hardwire it in behind the head unit however if possible to install elsewhere it would most likely be easier in the end.

I really appreciate the info, I can do wiring and such without issues but still kind of an audio noob!

Old 09-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Dig a little digging, found this

http://www.icarkits.com/cars/INFINITI_G35_2005/BNIS3V9

Should work at the rear junction, ill dig up some more details on it.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
From the description, it meets your needs, but I haven't seen anyone report on installing one. If you do, report on your experience and I'll add it to the AUX INPUT sticky - https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ory-radio.html - as an option.

Just keep in mind, that $150 is easily half-way there to replacing the radio with something that doesn't have the abnormally high failure rate our radios have. You can get the pioneer FH-X700BT for $150 from Crutchfield.com, and with that radio, you'll get a discount on the trim kit, so about $300 for a complete radio replacement if you do it yourself. For $130 more, you've got the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT, w/bluetooth, touchscreen and such.

So before dropping $150 towards something that will be worthless once you want to upgrade (or when the radio fails, which is very common), I'd recommend saving that and putting it towards the real upgrade you want.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
From the description, it meets your needs, but I haven't seen anyone report on installing one. If you do, report on your experience and I'll add it to the AUX INPUT sticky - https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ory-radio.html - as an option.

Just keep in mind, that $150 is easily half-way there to replacing the radio with something that doesn't have the abnormally high failure rate our radios have. You can get the pioneer FH-X700BT for $150 from Crutchfield.com, and with that radio, you'll get a discount on the trim kit, so about $300 for a complete radio replacement if you do it yourself. For $130 more, you've got the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT, w/bluetooth, touchscreen and such.

So before dropping $150 towards something that will be worthless once you want to upgrade (or when the radio fails, which is very common), I'd recommend saving that and putting it towards the real upgrade you want.
Yea i hear ya, thanks for all that information! I really would like to upgrade to a jdm double din then a nice indash with all the fixin's but ultimately I probably wouldnt use half there functionality & the setup I wanted runs around $700 after all said and done. For now i think ill go with the bluetooth adaptor as typically im 99% listening to music on my phone anywho. I called them and its actually only going to be around $110 so not too terrible. It would probably be a solid year before I upgrade the HU anywho so worth its worth it for me meanwhile.

Ill post some pics and a guide to install+how it sounds/works once it shows up. Probably sometime early next week.

Thanks for all the help!