Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speakers buzzing after amp install, HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 05:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speakers buzzing after amp install, HELP!

I wanted to improve my blose sound system, so I installed Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1s in my front speakers. Sounded Great.

Then I installed a alpine mrv-t320, 80x2RMS @4ohm amplifier. I followed the sedan bose wiring diagram and wired the front channel inputs from the bose amp into the speaker-level input on the alpine amp. Then I wired the alpine speaker outputs into the bose speaker outputs. I used the green/white wire to as the remote wire. Ran a 4 guage power from battery along passenger side to the amp. Ran a 8 guage ground to a bolt against the rear seat.

Now when I turn on the radio, I hear a buzzing noise. Sound comes through but no matter how high or low a volume, there is still a buzzing noise. Did I do something wrong? Does anybody have some insight to solve my problem? Thanks in advance!

Old 02-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not sure i follow your wiring, but i dont have a sedan
make sure the speaker level output from the h/u goes into the speaker level input on the alpine amp. then run the output from the alpine amp to the wires in the harness that go to the front speakers. if the amp is turning on properly, the remote was probably done right (i dont know which wire it is off the top of my head)

so the biggest thing i'd say to check is your ground.
make sure its as short as possible (less than a foot is ideal) and that wherever youre grounding has no paint or anything. you may need to find another ground point.

Old 02-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Yes the amp turns on, sound goes to the front speakers, and that is exactly how I hooked everything up. There is just constant buzz, no matter what volume I set. Anyone more advice? I will try to find an unpainted ground.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:34 PM
It's not the critic......
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have tried to get rid of the buzz for that past month.......this is what I found........the factory wire loom includes the stereo signal and stereo speaker wires but also all the other wires in the trunk, including power, turn signal, brake lights, fuel pump. etc. etc...........If you turn on the ignition without starting the car and hear the buzz......your hearing the fuel pump, if you activate the turn signal and hear the click click click.....you are picking up the power signals transferred to the HU signal wires. I tried LOCS and filters to no avail....I finally ran a set of RCAs down the center of the car, cut the existing factory HU signal wires......no more buzz!

Old 02-06-2005, 10:00 PM
somebody recommended that I ground the amp to the bose amp ground. Anybody know which wire this is and is this a viable solution?

Old 02-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the only real buzzing i got from my current setup was from a bad pair of RCAs that i had.
with my factory system i had some buzzing, i suspect that was from a bad amplifier.

as far as grounding goes, i would ground to one of the bolts at the left or right at the front of the trunk... lift up the mats and everything and you will see what i am talking about. you may also have to remove the plastic pieces and the cloth coverings at the front (car's front) of the trunk. anyway you will see that the right bolt is used by something already. take a fisheye connector and you can use that as ground too though. also, you may need to use sandpaper to take off the paint where you want to ground. i used these grounds and have no buzzing. good luck.