Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wheres best for aftermarket AC controller - 03 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Wheres best for aftermarket AC controller - 03 G35

Hi there guys. Before the flaming begins, please note i have actually done some research on the matter. But i cannot get a very refined result.

The reason why im asking where to get one from is because i am from New Zealand. Unfortunately Crutchfield does not ship to NZ so i cannot take advantage of the cheap combination of a DD unit/AC unit and headunit.

I am possibly thinking about cutting, sanding and refinishing my OEM unit to fit a double din unit as i have seen a couple of examples of this executed properley.

My only question with doing it like this is, where do i find an aftermarket A/C unit at a reasonable price to make it more worthwhile than buying a complete Metra kit etc?

I saw on here a while back somebody "....infiniti" on ebay etc sells the units?

Also, while on that subject, is there any chance an aftermarket 05 A/C controller unit could be used in an 03? as the design/aesthetics of the newer A/C panel looks much nicer than the Metra ones.

Sorry if this has been repeated guys.

Thanks anyway.

Waits for *** roasting to begin...

Old 11-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by andy_cliff
Hi there guys. Before the flaming begins, please note i have actually done some research on the matter. But i cannot get a very refined result.

The reason why im asking where to get one from is because i am from New Zealand. Unfortunately Crutchfield does not ship to NZ so i cannot take advantage of the cheap combination of a DD unit/AC unit and headunit.

I am possibly thinking about cutting, sanding and refinishing my OEM unit to fit a double din unit as i have seen a couple of examples of this executed properley.

My only question with doing it like this is, where do i find an aftermarket A/C unit at a reasonable price to make it more worthwhile than buying a complete Metra kit etc?

I saw on here a while back somebody "....infiniti" on ebay etc sells the units?

Also, while on that subject, is there any chance an aftermarket 05 A/C controller unit could be used in an 03? as the design/aesthetics of the newer A/C panel looks much nicer than the Metra ones.

Sorry if this has been repeated guys.

Thanks anyway.

Waits for *** roasting to begin...
The 05+ doesn't work on 03s.

Grubb's Infiniti might ship out to you, they're linked in the post sticky'd at the top of this forum.

There's still various places selling the parts on eBay right now - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca..._sop=12&_frs=1