Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Ipod Adapters/Integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ipod Adapters/Integration

I have done a lot of searching on this, and have seen a bunch of mixed reviews of which is the best to go with. One that is fairly easy to install and keep the quality of sound.

Ive seen guys talking about Isimple (alot of bad reviews), Icruz, USA Spec, etc... What is the best to go with? Can some of you let me know what you have and experiences with it? Good and Bad.

Also, how was the install? I have an 04 coupe.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
I can't give you any advice on the adapters themselves but I can testify to a cheap and very simple alternative. I use a bluetooth FM transmitter and it plugs in nicely to the DC outlet in the armrest so it is tucked away and out of sight. Sound quality is great for an FM transmitter—yes, you will sacrifice some quality versus a direct plug-in but for the cost and labor difference you cannot argue—and I love the fact that there is absolutely no clutter or wires to deal with.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by BjkearG35
I have done a lot of searching on this, and have seen a bunch of mixed reviews of which is the best to go with. One that is fairly easy to install and keep the quality of sound.

Ive seen guys talking about Isimple (alot of bad reviews), Icruz, USA Spec, etc... What is the best to go with? Can some of you let me know what you have and experiences with it? Good and Bad.

Also, how was the install? I have an 04 coupe.
I want to buy this

http://www.icarkits.com/cars/INFINITI_G35_2005/BNIS3V9

But i have to sell my old oem 19"s first. It plugs into the satellite junction in the trunk so it would be hidden and I could turn it on with the satellite button on the dash that I dont use. I want to use Pandora wireless but I am not ready to upgrade to a full double din yet. My fm transmitter works awesome but im tired of having cables plugged in everywhere. Between the transmitter, phone charger, navigation charger etc getting rid of at least 1 of these would make me happy. At least the garmin is hardly ever used so moving that to my trunk could potentially clean up the entire area of wires.

Last edited by digital sol; 12-03-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by digital sol
I want to buy this

http://www.icarkits.com/cars/INFINITI_G35_2005/BNIS3V9

But i have to sell my old oem 19"s first. It plugs into the satellite junction in the trunk so it would be hidden and I could turn it on with the satellite button on the dash that I dont use.
This was my next question, as I did not know about this plug. I would like to try this kit and it seems fairly easy to install and has good reviews. However I need to locate this in the trunk. I did not know my '04 had this.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:32 PM
This was my next question, as I did not know about this plug. I would like to try this kit and it seems fairly easy to install and has good reviews. However I need to locate this in the trunk. I did not know my '04 had this.
Its behind the passenger side rear seat, you can get to it from the trunk. Pull that cover area down & its right there, cant miss it. They say its a direct plug & play. I think i might just pull the trigger tonight and order it. Was gonna wait but id like to get this hooked up before first snow & i play possum over winter,

PS: you have the satellite button on your dash right? If not it probably dosnt exist, your basically just using that existing connection to take over that button to enable the bluetooth. I don't pay for satellite anyways so its not a loss for me & keeps the clean oem look without extra wiring in my way

Old 12-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by digital sol
Its behind the passenger side rear seat, you can get to it from the trunk. Pull that cover area down & its right there, cant miss it. They say its a direct plug & play. I think i might just pull the trigger tonight and order it. Was gonna wait but id like to get this hooked up before first snow & i play possum over winter,

PS: you have the satellite button on your dash right? If not it probably dosnt exist, your basically just using that existing connection to take over that button to enable the bluetooth. I don't pay for satellite anyways so its not a loss for me & keeps the clean oem look without extra wiring in my way
I will check when I get home. I think so but to be honest never paid much attention because I do not use satellite either. Let me know if you pull the trigger and order. My cars pretty much covered and stored for winter but I am always looking for things to do on it. If you do order keep me posted on the install I am curious to how good this works.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:03 PM
I will check when I get home. I think so but to be honest never paid much attention because I do not use satellite either. Let me know if you pull the trigger and order. My cars pretty much covered and stored for winter but I am always looking for things to do on it. If you do order keep me posted on the install I am curious to how good this works.
Will do, yea I am gonna pull the trigger. Ill order it tonight & post back results.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the usa spec installed in my 07 with both ipod direct and aux plug. however, idk about installation I just ordered the part and had a friend install it. Been almost 3 years I have no complaints, sounds and works great.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the USA Spec PA15-NIS, easy installation and perfect sound quality. Can use iPhone or aux (have to buy the aux wire separate) for any other phone. Trust me, you won't regret it!

Old 12-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Have a read through this thread to answer some of the questions:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ory-radio.html

04 may have the satellite harness in the trunk. The labels on the buttons don't tell you anything, since the radios behind the buttons are the same.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Genthusiast35
Get the USA Spec PA15-NIS, easy installation and perfect sound quality. Can use iPhone or aux (have to buy the aux wire separate) for any other phone. Trust me, you won't regret it!
Would this work in my 05 coupe even though there is no navigation?

Old 12-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by Shawno72
Would this work in my 05 coupe even though there is no navigation?
Yes. The radios are the same regardless of whether there's navigation installed or not.

The following users liked this post:
Shawno72 (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Yes. The radios are the same regardless of whether there's navigation installed or not.
Thank you.