Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dangling wire under dashboard - help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dangling wire under dashboard - help

As I was driving, I noticed a wire fell out from underneath my dashboard. Upon inspecting, it looks like the screws that were holding the plug in place was missing. However, what was more concerning, is that it looks like the skinny plug is no longer plugged into whatever it is supposed to be plugged into. Can someone please advise on what this plug is for and if I need to plug the skinny plug back into something? I'm hoping I can figure this out without the need to go to the dealership.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Dangling wire under dashboard - help-img_3908.jpg   Dangling wire under dashboard - help-img_3907.jpg   Dangling wire under dashboard - help-img_3909.jpg  
Old 12-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
As I was driving, I noticed a wire fell out from underneath my dashboard. Upon inspecting, it looks like the screws that were holding the plug in place was missing. However, what was more concerning, is that it looks like the skinny plug is no longer plugged into whatever it is supposed to be plugged into. Can someone please advise on what this plug is for and if I need to plug the skinny plug back into something? I'm hoping I can figure this out without the need to go to the dealership.

Thanks!
The large harness is the ODB2 connector, it should screw back into place. I'm 99% sure it was removed so they could get to the smaller plug - the small plug that doesn't plug into the car anything is for reprogramming Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor interface. You plug the tool into it (or stick a wire into it to ground to manually reprogram).

Nothing to be alarmed about.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome thanks so much for replying. I'll just screw it back and leave the plugs as is. Thanks!