Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

G35/v35 Ipod/TV/Video Wiring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35/v35 Ipod/TV/Video Wiring

Hi all.. I'm Gavin. Englishman in Australia.

I have a awesome RED 04 skyline V35 at present. Has a BOSE system and *** SAT NAV.
Wish I could find a Australian NAV map disc to use the GPS!! SUCKS!!!!

I have just got a guy to run my JDM T,V tuner RCA MOD to IPOD cable to the ash tray which works great.. SHOWN BELOW
Name:  IMG_1472-1.jpg
Views: 2258
Size:  42.7 KB

1.Now I am trying to find the Park brake wire to ground it and speed sense wire
which I have to apparently cut to use the ipod/T.V function whilst on the move.
I sourced this link for the cable.

http://www.l8ter.com/?p=148

The guy shows the cable wires NEXT to the CD changer wire but my cable is more like this below!
Does anyone knows if this is the CORRECT cable and which wires are which?
I would have thought you could just ground the park brake wire actually at the PARK BRAKE but not sure where the speed sensitive wire would be?? (not sure which color)?

Name:  IMG_1548.jpg
Views: 1987
Size:  31.3 KB
Name:  IMG_1547.jpg
Views: 1677
Size:  34.9 KB

2. I also found this below.
Name:  IMG_1540.jpg
Views: 1822
Size:  62.9 KB
Name:  IMG_1542.jpg
Views: 1852
Size:  54.6 KB
Im thinking it may be an AUX connection maybe for the stereo??? looks like some kind of jack plug.. The other picture is of the back of it showing the colour wires.

3. FM TRANSMITTER..

]I Just ordered the one below because from what I read the 18mhz-20mhz = are the best frequency?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Japan-Car...item56602be2e9

Has anyone fitted one of these and did it work well?

4.Taking out the cable from the back of the stereo has 2 pins so I am not sure if I will need a different FM transmitter?
Name:  IMG_1543.jpg
Views: 1749
Size:  32.7 KB

Its been said its possible to tap into the aerial on the left rear quarter in between the light cluster and the back seat, but I have no idea what or exactly where to get to it or if its a viable option??
I am pretty limited on the technical terms of wiring and testing to find the appropriate wiring of what does what!!

If anyone can post pictures of these wiring etc I would be so greatfull ,if its a visual pic i have more of a chance at locating the appropriate wiring.
Thank you in advance for the replies!

Old 02-05-2014, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

This has a plethora of information available on the Audio/video/electronics madness. The most useful thing would be the wiring diagrams that would answer your Q #1. Im pretty sure speed sensors doesn't exist for the head unit, but forgive me if I am incorrect.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
1) I'm pretty sure there is no parking brake lockout on the factory navigation. If there is, it's not in the manual and I've never come across one. The device may work fine by just grounding the parking brake wire for it, otherwise, get to the wire at the parking brake and follow it to wherever is most convenient to splice.
Speed sensor wire is the white with green stripe on the M39 harness. Yours will have more wires than this one, but make sure the colors match:

2) No idea what that plug is, it's not factory in any G35... but the wiring looks like it could be OEM, but that off-center hole for the plug and the non-textured plastic doesn't look factory at all. If it were an audio jack, I'd expect it to be a standard 3.5mm jack. It looks more like power... check with a voltmeter?

3) That link is broken. Any wired FM modulator will work fine.

4) Yes, you need a both a standard "Nissan Diversity Antenna" adapter and a reverse adapter, like this scosche kit:

Old 02-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Thanks you so much thus far, this forum is the best ive come across for V35/G35..
:

PLEASE forgive my ignorance, im not very clued up on stereo equipment but with helpfulness of you guys im sure I can find what im looking for..

1. This the band expander I bought and am I right in saying the other link is correct for the adaptor?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Di...item566065a12a
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370984460...84.m1439.l2649

2. OK just to clarify the colours for the speed sense wire (WHITE / GREEN STRIPE)your showing is for the steering wheel control right? As shown in your diagram below.
Name:  IMG_1554.jpg
Views: 4602
Size:  87.6 KB
3.Looking at your wiring diagram vehicle speed sense wire GREEN/WHITE STRIPE)??
Below is 2 pics of the cluster of wires coming out of the back of my stereo,
I cannot see the GREEN/WHITE STRIPE in the wiring.
My car does not have steering wheel controls.. Is it possible skyline V35 wiring colours are different to the INFINITY G35?

Name:  IMG_1567.jpg
Views: 1796
Size:  50.7 KB
Name:  IMG_1566.jpg
Views: 2690
Size:  43.2 KB
MY PARK BRAKE WIRE IS ALSO DIFFERENT COLOUR TO YOUR DIAGRAM!
Name:  IMG_1564.jpg
Views: 1635
Size:  29.4 KB

5. Im looking at fitting a reverse camera hooked into the JDM screen, am I right in guessing I can tap into the RCA's that have already been fitted to the TV box as shown in first post?

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Old 02-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Maybe I was looking in the wrong place all along and its not at the stereo controls where I need to find the park brake /speed sense wire! Looking at this post below it looks like its in a box under the passenger glove box???

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...8-dvd-nav-fix/

Old 02-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Quote from above ^: Pin 8 is the speed sensor which just needs to be cut. I would only put a switch there if you want to keep the screen functions working
The easiest solution would be to get it done programmatic-ally

and as for... "MY PARK BRAKE WIRE IS ALSO DIFFERENT COLOUR TO YOUR DIAGRAM!", ours is purple with a red stripe also

Old 02-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by chiefster1976
Thanks you so much thus far, this forum is the best ive come across for V35/G35..
:

PLEASE forgive my ignorance, im not very clued up on stereo equipment but with helpfulness of you guys im sure I can find what im looking for..

1. This the band expander I bought and am I right in saying the other link is correct for the adaptor?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Di...item566065a12a
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370984460...84.m1439.l2649

2. OK just to clarify the colours for the speed sense wire (WHITE / GREEN STRIPE)your showing is for the steering wheel control right? As shown in your diagram below.

3.Looking at your wiring diagram vehicle speed sense wire GREEN/WHITE STRIPE)??
Below is 2 pics of the cluster of wires coming out of the back of my stereo,
I cannot see the GREEN/WHITE STRIPE in the wiring.
My car does not have steering wheel controls.. Is it possible skyline V35 wiring colours are different to the INFINITY G35?

MY PARK BRAKE WIRE IS ALSO DIFFERENT COLOUR TO YOUR DIAGRAM!

5. Im looking at fitting a reverse camera hooked into the JDM screen, am I right in guessing I can tap into the RCA's that have already been fitted to the TV box as shown in first post?

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR THE HELP!
1) both of your links were to the same thing - a reverse nissan diversity adapter, you still need the standard diversity antenna adapter. You need BOTH.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-RA...-/380327434458

2) Yeah, G35s it's white with a green stripe, it's on the same harness that has the steering wheel controls.

3) It looks like they are different. It does look like the right color on the parking brake though, just my shade of purple is different in the diagram. If you can find a service manual for the GT350, I could be more helpful.

The following users liked this post:
chiefster1976 (02-06-2014)
Old 02-07-2014, 01:12 AM
Check this link out guys maybe if no one knows it seems the Park brake and Speed sense wire can be access via the NAV box..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for.../#entry7190820

One last question and im on my way

By cutting the wire and fitting a switch, am I right in saying I WILL be able to watch DVD movies from my ipod, but will LOOSE trip computer, compass, service schedule??
So the switch will give the option to keep service schedules etc but loose video function, vice versa??
The speed sense wire seems to be BLUE/BLACK STRIPE.. For future reference, How would I test correct voltage for the speed sense wire(vehicle in motion)?

Old 02-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Check this link out guys maybe if no one knows it seems the Park brake and Speed sense wire can be access via the NAV box..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for.../#entry7190820

One last question and im on my way

By cutting the wire and fitting a switch, am I right in saying I WILL be able to watch DVD movies from my ipod, but will LOOSE trip computer, compass, service schedule??
So the switch will give the option to keep service schedules etc but loose video function, vice versa??
The speed sense wire seems to be BLUE/BLACK STRIPE.. For future reference, How would I test correct voltage for the speed sense wire(vehicle in motion)?
The US G35 doesn't have the parking brake wire go into the navigation unit. All features are available when the speed signal indicates that you're stopped. Without that signal, you're going to lose those features.

The speed sense wire isn't a simple voltage, it's a pulsed signal.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:01 PM
I have spoke with a friend auto sparky and resolved the speed sense wire and park brake wire..
He said that you cannot earth out the park brake at the park brake because the
it needs to be done at the NAV BOX wiring. The control box module needs to read the wires cut at the sat nav end..
In my case it was the blue black stripe for speed sense wire and pink red stripe to earth the park brake out.. I have installed a switch on the speed sense wire and works perfectly... HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS TO COMPLETE THE JOB! NO NEED to go in behind the radio OR mess around with the TV circuit board at all which some have suggested..

My dilemma now which I hope people can clarify for me..

I have just finished my I phone connection via the *** TV through RCA plugs...

I have added a 2 way splitter box which has RCA's outputs.

I can use the I phone for music which it reads through TV function on the car screen, it will recognize videos also through the I phone.

1, why wont the car recognize google maps through the I phone??

I have added a dvd player through the other RCA's and the car screen brings up audio and video but the picture is black and white with a slight line across the top of the screen.

The cable out of the dvd player is a single jack male plug into 3 RCA(audio L/R and video)

2. Why is the dvd showing in black and white?

I have a general Tom Tom sat nav which has a really small USB into the device and is a standard size USB out the other end.

3. Is there a cable I can buy to link my sat nav through its MALE standard USB to the RCA's on the *** T.V box?

Im not bothered for a Australian TV tuner, just I phone music and a dvd player/possible connection for sat nav..

Old 02-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

1, why wont the car recognize google maps through the I phone??

I have added a dvd player through the other RCA's and the car screen brings up audio and video but the picture is black and white with a slight line across the top of the screen.

The cable out of the dvd player is a single jack male plug into 3 RCA(audio L/R and video)

2. Why is the dvd showing in black and white?

I have a general Tom Tom sat nav which has a really small USB into the device and is a standard size USB out the other end.

3. Is there a cable I can buy to link my sat nav through its MALE standard USB to the RCA's on the *** T.V box?

Im not bothered for a Australian TV tuner, just I phone music and a dvd player/possible connection for sat nav..
1) That's an apple thing. There are some jailbreak methods to get all the programs to output video.

2) No idea.

3) No, the tomtom doesn't support USB video devices at all.

All this trouble really makes it look to me like you should have just gone for a decent aftermarket radio instead of all this trouble with the factory system.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:57 PM
Quote; 1) That's an apple thing. There are some jailbreak methods to get all the programs to output video.

Jailbreak methods? Please explain in laymans terms to do this?

Agreed about the aftermarket system. Knowing what I know now, I would have surely gone down the aftermarket route, but at the time paying $400+ for a stereo and $200 for a double din DD surround wasn't an option, in saying that its cost $180 just to put the features into English and with other wiring for ipod, RCA's FM transmitter etc as probably cost in the region of $100.
My opinion if the (into English) program was a little less expensive keeping the original OEM equipment would be worth while. Lesson learned!

Anyone have ideas why the screen is in black and white as per question 2?
Will this converter work?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PAL-NTSC-...item3f1c9035d8

Old 02-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Quote; 1) That's an apple thing. There are some jailbreak methods to get all the programs to output video.

Jailbreak methods? Please explain in laymans terms to do this?

Agreed about the aftermarket system. Knowing what I know now, I would have surely gone down the aftermarket route, but at the time paying $400+ for a stereo and $200 for a double din DD surround wasn't an option, in saying that its cost $180 just to put the features into English and with other wiring for ipod, RCA's FM transmitter etc as probably cost in the region of $100.
My opinion if the (into English) program was a little less expensive keeping the original OEM equipment would be worth while. Lesson learned!

Anyone have ideas why the screen is in black and white as per question 2?
Will this converter work?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PAL-NTSC-...item3f1c9035d8
Not sure if this method of jailbreaking and outputting video still works, but: http://www.iphone-tips-and-advice.co...video-out.html

If you search on your iPhone model and iOS version, you'll find ways to jailbreak it, from there, it's a matter of getting the video out modifications.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
The US G35 doesn't have the parking brake wire go into the navigation unit. All features are available when the speed signal indicates that you're stopped. Without that signal, you're going to lose those features.

The speed sense wire isn't a simple voltage, it's a pulsed signal.
The speed sense wire is voltage, it will fluctuate with vehicle speed(not rpms). Gets tricky to test on some vehicles depending on the wire location since you have to drive and watch the meter at the same time. Helps to have a second person in the car while testing.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:10 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by MECPCertG35
The speed sense wire is voltage, it will fluctuate with vehicle speed(not rpms). Gets tricky to test on some vehicles depending on the wire location since you have to drive and watch the meter at the same time. Helps to have a second person in the car while testing.
Not in G35s, it's a pulsed signal:
Name:  rgb7xu1.png
Views: 199
Size:  22.2 KB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35/v35 Ipod/TV/Video Wiring