Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

USA SPEC PA15-NIS Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USA SPEC PA15-NIS Question

Hey guys,

I know there is a search button, but I cannot find exactly what I'm looking for, only similar, and I am paranoid that similar is not good enough because I am inexperienced in this.

I have a 2006 G35X Sedan with the Premium Package and Navigation. I'm looking to buy the USA SPEC PA15-NIS and install it myself as my first DIY project. It might be a bit ambitious but I would love to work on this over a weekend with my girlfriend.

From what I understand from reading other threads, PA15-INF only works for those with SAT-ready cars, and PA15-NIS works regardless of SAT-readiness. I decided on the PA15-NIS because APPARANTLY I can just do this through the back of the head unit (I'm scared of having to wire through the trunk/backseat and stuff for now).

So I have a few concerns that I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out with.

1) Can the PA15-NIS really be installed with just a removal of the head unit?
2) If so, is there a walkthrough post/video of removing the specific head unit that I have (2006 G35X w/ Nav. & Premium)? I found videos of others but like I said, I am scared that when I start doing it, I will come across something different and would have no idea what to do.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Old 02-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Also, is there a walkthrough of how to install it in my particular car? Thanks again!

Old 02-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Follow the removal video in here, not that it matters, but mine is an 05, premium+nav sedan as well. They all remove the same.
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Plug in the back, route the wires wherever you want them, center console is pretty easy, re-install. Done. I can do an 05+ radio removal in about 5 minutes if I'm not making a video of it at the time, about 10 minutes if I'm avoiding blocking the camera and keeping things well-lit, but then, I've done it a few dozen times now. If you're still worried about it and you're in the southeast, come to Savannah and I'll give you a hand, the weather's nice.

The following users liked this post:
nicholaschew (02-09-2014)
Old 02-08-2014, 01:15 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Are you using the unit specifically for iPod function?

Old 02-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I've also been going thru this process with my 2003 Coupe/Bose. There are a lot of youtube video's that are also helpful. Just in case you wondered this is what you have when everything is removed and in my case the PA15-NIS harness is installed. Good Luck!

Attached Thumbnails USA SPEC PA15-NIS Question-g-dash1.jpg  

Last edited by BlkCoupe; 02-08-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Follow the removal video in here, not that it matters, but mine is an 05, premium+nav sedan as well. They all remove the same.
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Plug in the back, route the wires wherever you want them, center console is pretty easy, re-install. Done. I can do an 05+ radio removal in about 5 minutes if I'm not making a video of it at the time, about 10 minutes if I'm avoiding blocking the camera and keeping things well-lit, but then, I've done it a few dozen times now. If you're still worried about it and you're in the southeast, come to Savannah and I'll give you a hand, the weather's nice.
Unfortunately I'm in the Northeast region in NY, but thanks for the advice and link! I have yet to order the part ( still pretty hesitant on doing this). But when I do I will definitely go back to your thread

Old 02-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Tunerz_Store
Are you using the unit specifically for iPod function?
Yes, mainly just iPod. Does that make a difference?