Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Double din ac/radio control questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 01:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Double din ac/radio control questions

So a couple weeks ago my ac and radio is not in my control, after reading here you can either buy 2nd hand oem stuff from junkyard and reinstall. I can go oem and get all new from dealer. Or i can go all aftermarket, go dd and get aftermarket head unit.

So, do any of the kits out there have the dual climate, as well as turn **** for temp instead of the up and down button. It looks so tacky i think. The ****, imo, looks much more refined, and not so cheap.

Would that be a fix to what my dealer said is "44431 open circuit in a/c amp. Confirm concern and perform radio and a/c operation. Check for power and grounds and found open circuit in a/c amp. Most replace a/c auto amp before diagnosis of radio. Radio may be ok."

And would it cause parasitic draw on battery? Recently battery is dying often, its my 3rd battery. Oem was replaced about last year, and had 2nd warranty replacement about 3-4 months later.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Read the first three posts of the sticky at the top of this forum, it answers your questions about the radio.
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Like the dealer diagnostic said, you'll need to fix the a/c control board to figure out if that's the cause of that problem.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:44 AM
but would doing a DD and AC controller w/aftermarket headunit fix the problem?

He quoted over 700 with parts tax labor

Old 02-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Acid Rock Racer
but would doing a DD and AC controller w/aftermarket headunit fix the problem?

He quoted over 700 with parts tax labor
It might fix it, it depends whereabouts the problem is. If it's with the AC controller board, it'll fix it. If it's with a part later in the chain, it won't. At least going aftermarket will get you a better radio.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:32 PM
So IMO the Sticky is a bit confusing on what exactly I need.

Besides a new Headunit, is this all I will need to make my everything work? I have bluetooth, and wheel controls.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-DOUBLE-D...08485c&vxp=mtr

I want it to look as close to stock as possible, maybe a touch screen. Any suggestions for the headunit, and maybe installer?

Car Toys, Best Buy? Or go independent shop?

Attached Thumbnails Double din ac/radio control questions-download.jpg  
Old 02-28-2014, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,030 Likes on 947 Posts
That guide is the clearest guide on the site.
DDin controls.
Actual head unit.
Metra aftermarket radio adapter for radio.
ASWC steering wheel controller.
You WILL LOSE Factory Bluetooth, but it blows anyways.
P?AC ROEM nis2? Pretty much a 2V converter.

That's what I can rem from my install.

PS,
If you want confusing to the the political thread on this site.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:12 AM
Ok, well after re-reading it a bit more, I was able to comphrehend better. I have a tendency to browse quickly and try to get a jist of it. And I guess i browesed too quickly

So I am ordering the JDM Non-Nav Kit from ebay for 329, the JDM Trim Ring for 3.88,
             Metra 40-NI10 Nissan Antenna Adapter Metra 40-NI10 Nissan Antenna Adapter
for 6.95, Metra
ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface
for 49.

So I have a 2006 G35 with Bose. Does that year have a problem with the amp on parasitic draw? Should I replace it, or is the Bose amp decent enough with a new Head unit?

Last edited by Acid Rock Racer; 02-28-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:52 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
The Bose amp is crap so if you want the system to sound good, then you'll need a new amp.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Ok, well after re-reading it a bit more, I was able to comphrehend better. I have a tendency to browse quickly and try to get a jist of it. And I guess i browesed too quickly

So I am ordering the JDM Non-Nav Kit from ebay for 329, the JDM Trim Ring for 3.88, Metra 40-NI10 Nissan Antenna Adapter for 6.95, Metra ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface for 49.

So I have a 2006 G35 with Bose. Does that year have a problem with the amp on parasitic draw? Should I replace it, or is the Bose amp decent enough with a new Head unit?
If your battery's not dying, you don't have parasitic drain. It's fairly uncommon. The bose amp is, however, the biggest audio quality killer in the system.

The only thing you have that's not as well covered as I'd like is bypassing the factory bluetooth module. If I can get my hands on a car with one that needs an install, I'll document the procedure properly, unless somebody else does it first. It's fairly straightforward - at the bluetooth module in the trunk, connect the two reds together, connect the two greens together, and connect the two yellows together. They're all on the same harness. Otherwise it's the same as the other installs.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:17 PM
So i bought all the parts, its at car toys right now being done. Jdm parts, pac roen, antennae adapter, metra axxes, double din ring, and a Sony xav601bt head unit.

They said the pac roen wont work, they will try but want to use the metra. Which in your sticky is for the non bose. Kept the bose, so used the pac.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

So i bought all the parts, its at car toys right now being done. Jdm parts, pac roen, antennae adapter, metra axxes, double din ring, and a Sony xav601bt head unit.

They said the pac roen wont work, they will try but want to use the metra. Which in your sticky is for the non bose. Kept the bose, so used the pac.
I hope you gave them the wiring chart too, but hopefully the professionals can get it right without.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
If your battery's not dying, you don't have parasitic drain. It's fairly uncommon. The bose amp is, however, the biggest audio quality killer in the system. The only thing you have that's not as well covered as I'd like is bypassing the factory bluetooth module. If I can get my hands on a car with one that needs an install, I'll document the procedure properly, unless somebody else does it first. It's fairly straightforward - at the bluetooth module in the trunk, connect the two reds together, connect the two greens together, and connect the two yellows together. They're all on the same harness. Otherwise it's the same as the other installs.
Okay what's the point of bypassing the Bluetooth module? I haven't done this yet and all my controls work except for the phone one.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Hey, everythings fine. It all works. But they installed a new mic for my phone calls...even though it has one in the dome light....

Oh well, might just cut it off. Dont really need it. Never make phone calls anyway

Old 03-12-2014, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

Hey, everythings fine. It all works. But they installed a new mic for my phone calls...even though it has one in the dome light.... Oh well, might just cut it off. Dont really need it. Never make phone calls anyway
The one in the dome won't work anymore, I think.